MRS 1608 Questions

All flavors of Zoom MRS gear discussed here, including MRS-8, 1044, 1266, 1608, etc.
Emil*MRS 1608
new to this board
new to this board

MRS 1608 Questions

Post by Emil*MRS 1608 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Hello! I´m new to this forum. My name is Emil and I live at Aland Islands.
I have own my mrs 1608 about 2 years now and have som questions about it. Maybe som questions seems to be stupid to you pro guys but to me it´s gold worth. Now the questions:

1.Is it any "Redo" button? ex: I record a riff and wanna do a fade, but I put the fade at wrong place and now wanna redo it. How do you guys do?

2.Can I update the mrs-1608 on internet and how?

3.When I have recorded ex. 3 tracks and record it to a mastertrack,may I then put on master effect? Sometimes it really sounds like some kind of vibrato or mystic. If someone is intrested to listen to it you can add me on my msn. Private Call me.

Well,thats for now.

Thanks

//Eml
0 x

Emil*MRS 1608
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Emil*MRS 1608 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:56 pm

A big question that i forgot:
When I have burned a track on a Cd-player I put it into my PC and use audiograbber to convert it. But the track is 52 MB. I tryed to use mp3 format and played along but all my converted tracks had bad quality.

What is the settings or should I use annother programm?!

//Emil
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 pm

You'll get more response in the MRS forum instead of the PS04 forum where this was posted (before I moved it :))
0 x

frenchy
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by frenchy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:05 pm

hey emil,that's a small gripe for me also,the undo-redo option.i think you are pretty much stuck having to redo the whole ending unless you only used the fade out on the final mastering.in that case the fade out would only be on the master and not in the premixing stage,if so, you could go back and change the fade out.as far as the cd not playing on your p.c,make sure you are not burning it as a backup(data)disc.burn it as a project or an album-something like that and you should be o.k.... and with the effects sounding like vibrato or mystic,make sure you open up the effect that your using on the master.there could be a "to wet" of a setting on one of the parameters within the effect.for instance you may be using full comp on the master mix but if you hit the edit button within the full comp setting....there could be a setting in there thats causing it.there are a lot of cool people on here and im sure they will give you more guidance.this is just my 2 cents.
frenchy
0 x

42strings
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: MRS 1608 Questions

Post by 42strings » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:23 am

Emil*MRS 1608 wrote:Hello! Im new to this forum. My name is Emil and I live at Aland Islands.
I have own my mrs 1608 about 2 years now and have som questions about it. Maybe som questions seems to be stupid to you pro guys but to me its gold worth. Now the questions:

1.Is it any "Redo" button? ex: I record a riff and wanna do a fade, but I put the fade at wrong place and now wanna redo it. How do you guys do?

2.Can I update the mrs-1608 on internet and how?

3.When I have recorded ex. 3 tracks and record it to a mastertrack,may I then put on master effect? Sometimes it really sounds like some kind of vibrato or mystic. If someone is intrested to listen to it you can add me on my msn. Private Call me.

Well,thats for now.

Thanks

//Eml

Hi Emil,

Welcome to the Forum. You should find the answers to most of your recording issues on here.

I have the MRS-1608 also, so I can share with you how I usually go about things if it helps.

Q1. As far as I know there isn't a redo function on the 1608. Here is where the V-Takes come in handy. Before I make any changes or edits to a recorded track I usually copy the recording to another V-Take (i.e "Track 1 V-Take 1" copy to "Track 1 V-Take 2"). Then you can mess about with V-Take 2 - add fades etc - knowing that if you get it wrong you still have the original on V-Take 1 which you recopy. Sort of a back up.

Q2. I don't think there are updates for the MRS-1608 on the internet but I might be wrong. You could visit http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/ ... /index.php and check what they say about it on there.

Q3. I normally apply the Master Effect to the final mix when recording it to the Master Track i.e Mix + Effect to Master Track. One effect I use quite often is Rock Show. Master Effect No.12, I think. You may also find that you need to adjust one or two track levels when applying the Master Effect. Give it a good listening to with the Master Effect applied and adjust parameters to suit before recordring.
Emil*MRS 1608 wrote:A big question that i forgot:
When I have burned a track on a Cd-player I put it into my PC and use audiograbber to convert it. But the track is 52 MB. I tryed to use mp3 format and played along but all my converted tracks had bad quality.

What is the settings or should I use annother programm?!
Q4. Burning a track to CD. I usually pull them off the CD to the PC as Windows Media Audio files. They are all under 5MB and the quality is fine. Everyone probably has there own preferences here but this is just how mine is set up.

Although the above might not answer your questions directly it might give you some ideas to try. There are far more experienced users on here than me who Im sure will give you more in depth solutions.

Cheers
Robert
0 x

Emil*MRS 1608
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Emil*MRS 1608 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:45 am

tonyoci wrote:You'll get more response in the MRS forum instead of the PS04 forum where this was posted (before I moved it :))
hehe yeah I saw that I post it wrong! :)
0 x

Emil*MRS 1608
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Emil*MRS 1608 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 am

Hello Guys! Thanks for the answers,some answers really helped me a lot when I did a really good mix to my band today.
I did use Media Player as rip-program and the track only went 4,78 MB insted of Audiograbbers 52 mb Rip :o

42strings maybe you have msn?
It should be really fun and intresting to talk to you about the mrs-1608!

//Emil
0 x

42strings
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by 42strings » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:58 am

Hi Emil,

Glad to hear that you're making some progress with the 1608. Once you get underway then you tend to pick things up quickly as you go along.

Using the "Search" facility on the Forum is a great way of picking up tips and, if that fails, posting questions like yours will usually get replies.

I have used Messenger maybe twice but it's not something I tend to run with. Purely because I'm never at the PC for very long. However, if you have any other questions then just post them on here or you could send me a PM if you wanted to keep it "off the air". However, posting would be your best bet as there are people on here with a much greater knowledge of these units than me.

Good Luck with your recording Emil.

Cheers,
Robert
0 x