no playback !!!

All flavors of Zoom MRS gear discussed here, including MRS-8, 1044, 1266, 1608, etc.
jpeleman
new to this board
new to this board

no playback !!!

Post by jpeleman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:39 am

Just obtained my long awaited first recorder, the Zoom MRS 8, second hand and well functioning during a demonstration by the 1st owner.

Got home, got everything connected, rythm section selected, synth plugged in and mixed in, and started some test recording. Everything according to the book. Display shows clock is running and signal levels are clear.
Until I wanted to just play what I recorded (after rewind and push play), and nothing can be heard. In the mean time I tried everything and tested a hundred different ways.
What the heck is happening ???
Does anybody have any clue what is wrong here ? where is the secret button ?

Johan (desperate)
0 x

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Re: no playback !!!

Post by surfercook » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:43 am

Welcome to the forum jp...sorry it's on such a sour note though, or silent note in your case. I'm no electronic wiz, but I do own a second had MRS-8 also. Used on Ebay. If you are listening on headphones check the vol knob in the back...just a thought. Also try using the Card Manager to check all your files buddy.
http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/ ... e/mrs8.php
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by lucas » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:16 pm

I seem to recall that you need to turn recording off for the track you want to hear playback on.
The button the top of or above that track or channel must be green (playback) not red (record).

if that's not it, check your signal path levels just in case.
Although, if you create a new project these should be set at the default levels already.

If you don't have the manual, you should download the PDF version of it from Zoom's site.
it's a bit of a dense read the first time, but as you play with the MRS-8 and refer to the manual, it will make more sense and become easier to find what you looking for.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/archive/English_Manual/E_MRS8.pdf

also follow Surfercook's link and get the Card Manager.
you'll need that later if/when you start editing and/or mixing on a computer.
there are 2 version, one for the PC and one for the Mac, so be sure to get the one appropriate for you computer.
0 x

jrmose
new to this board
new to this board

Post by jrmose » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:06 am

A possible fix: on my mrs802 I sometimes have to wake up a track by moving the volume slider back and forth
0 x