AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

All flavors of Zoom MRS gear discussed here, including MRS-8, 1044, 1266, 1608, etc.
User avatar
surfercook
The Force
The Force
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: New Jersey Shore (Long Beach Island)
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by surfercook » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:32 am

codekiddie wrote:can't believe you "ditched" the oldie so easily
Out w/the old-in w/the new!!
codekiddie wrote: Do you think a better solution would be one box to change all the names in one go?
That's a no brainer...of course the answer is yes..to help streamline our modern-take-technology-for-granted lives!
codekiddie wrote:decided that one dialog box to change all track names was better, (but I kept the change one name at a time option as well
You def did not my input for that one! Good job, once again. :agree:
Now you have to add a playback feature similar to the Card Manager...so we can name our tracks after recording them. I was testing ur app w/a card from last yr and had no clue what projects and/or tracks were what. Is that something that is hard to do...sure would be an amazing feature!
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

User avatar
codekiddie
senior member
senior member
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by codekiddie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:10 pm

surfercook wrote:Now you have to add a playback feature similar to the Card Manager...so we can name our tracks after recording them.
Err... Guess what!!! Time to ditch and switch again.

http://www.philchris.co.uk/zoom-convert ... onvert.zip

User avatar
surfercook
The Force
The Force
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: New Jersey Shore (Long Beach Island)
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by surfercook » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:04 pm

codekiddie wrote:Time to ditch and switch again.
lol...I like that!! Very witty.
Nice work adding the playback feature!! As long as I'm beta testing....is it hard to add a play bar, like the Card Manager? This way if you have a take that doesn't enter a song/project until say, a minute and a half into it, you can drag the play bar right to it. To quickly double check if it is the correct take.
I feel bad for the owners of the non-compatible recorders. I know they are a bit dated, but there has to be a few still cranking. If I still had my PS-02 I would send you the project files. A buddy has my old one. I'll borrow it back and record some takes on it and send em off later this week.
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

User avatar
codekiddie
senior member
senior member
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by codekiddie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:45 am

surfercook wrote:As long as I'm beta testing....is it hard to add a play bar, like the Card Manager? This way if you have a take that doesn't enter a song/project until say, a minute and a half into it, you can drag the play bar right to it. To quickly double check if it is the correct take.
As I am always telling my customers, anything is possible with software. :type:
I had a feeling you might ask for it. I will do it, but I am afraid I am away on business for the rest of the week, and then away for the weekend, so wont be doing much on the personal software side until Monday :(
surfercook wrote:I feel bad for the owners of the non-compatible recorders. I know they are a bit dated, but there has to be a few still cranking. If I still had my PS-02 I would send you the project files. A buddy has my old one. I'll borrow it back and record some takes on it and send em off later this week.
That would be really great as I would like to add the other recorders.

User avatar
surfercook
The Force
The Force
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: New Jersey Shore (Long Beach Island)
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by surfercook » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:19 am

codekiddie wrote:I had a feeling you might ask for it. I will do it,
You the man!! How about a weather widget in there too!! :lol:
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

User avatar
codekiddie
senior member
senior member
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by codekiddie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:28 pm

surfercook wrote:You the man!!
There you go embarrasing me again.
surfercook wrote:How about a weather widget in there too!! :lol:
Now you're just pushing your luck Surfercook.

Well, the boss decided to change our plans for today, so I guess you have some more downloading to do. :type: :type: :type:
I love working from home sometimes :D

User avatar
surfercook
The Force
The Force
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: New Jersey Shore (Long Beach Island)
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by surfercook » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 pm

codekiddie wrote: the boss decided to change our plans for today, so I guess you have some more downloading to do
Dwloading complete...nice work on the playback bar. Now you just have to add the import feature like Card Mang! jk...you've done more than enuff, codie.
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

User avatar
codekiddie
senior member
senior member
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by codekiddie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:01 pm

surfercook wrote:Now you just have to add the import feature like Card Mang! jk...you've done more than enuff, codie.
Probably wont be that hard to do.

Thanks for the PS-02 stuff, I will have a look at it tomorrow, so watch this space.

User avatar
codekiddie
senior member
senior member
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by codekiddie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:52 am

surfercook wrote:Now you just have to add the import feature like Card Mang! jk...you've done more than enuff, codie.
Just realised I have not updated the thread to mention that the converter does now support imports from .WAV files too.

Download the latest version here:

Zoom_Convert.zip

Thanks to Surfercook for his Beta testing.

Grunthos
new to this board
new to this board
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:30 am

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by Grunthos » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:25 am

Hi, I never had any luck with AFM (even by deleting the ini files as some users suggest), so imagine my excitement when I discovered the alternative convert utility. I have successfully installed it on my PC and even converted .dat files to wav files (extremely quickly, I might add). However, CONVERT only sees tracks 1-9. (there are red blocks for the upper tracks but you cannot tick the boxes in them nor perform a right-click on any of them). I'm converting files from a project made on a mrs1608. There is even more than one take for each of tracks 10-16 inclusive. I note that my backup CD contains DAT tracks right up to 15, but tracks 10-16 appear to have a different naming convention to tracks 1-9. Can anybody help?

User avatar
codekiddie
senior member
senior member
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by codekiddie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:15 am

Grunthos wrote:CONVERT only sees tracks 1-9. (there are red blocks for the upper tracks but you cannot tick the boxes in them nor perform a right-click on any of them). I'm converting files from a project made on a mrs1608. There is even more than one take for each of tracks 10-16 inclusive. I note that my backup CD contains DAT tracks right up to 15, but tracks 10-16 appear to have a different naming convention to tracks 1-9. Can anybody help?
Just had a look at the code and found the bug. If you re-download the software and install it again, you should see all 16 tracks. Here is the link again for your convenience.

Zoom Converter

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Phil

Grunthos
new to this board
new to this board
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:30 am

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by Grunthos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:44 am

Hi Phil, Yes your new code works perfectly with all 16 tracks. Thanks big time for your amazingly fast response.

User avatar
codekiddie
senior member
senior member
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by codekiddie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:00 am

Grunthos wrote:Hi Phil, Yes your new code works perfectly with all 16 tracks. Thanks big time for your amazingly fast response.
No problem, I'm glad you like the software.

gauchologic
new to this board
new to this board
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by gauchologic » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:59 am

Hello There,

your program is a master piece. I used to great effect yesterday for effortless conversion and renaming. I much very greatful to you and commend you for your efforts for the Zoom community.

User avatar
codekiddie
senior member
senior member
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by codekiddie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 am

gauchologic wrote:Hello There,

your program is a master piece. I used to great effect yesterday for effortless conversion and renaming. I much very greatful to you and commend you for your efforts for the Zoom community.
Glad you liked it. It has saved me a load of time since I wrote it, and I am always happy to hear from others who use and appreciate it.

Phil

jawylam
new to this board
new to this board
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:02 am

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by jawylam » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi; just a note to say the Alternative MRS Zoom File Converter has worked brilliantly for me this last couple of days. I was trying to help a pal [who used to have a Zoom HD8 (which could produce a CD for copying etc), but now has the MRS8 after donating the HD8 to his son at college] by transferring the MRS8 files from the SD card to Wav files on my computer so we could burn the CD from there. I eventually found the Zoom AFM File Converter, but my PC couldn't handle it, stating 'incompatible software' or somesuch. Searching the web for more information, I eventually came across this forum and the wonderful Alternative File Converter. Just a big ThankYou to cokekiddie Phil from me and my singer/songwriter pal.

User avatar
codekiddie
senior member
senior member
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
Contact:

Re: AFM Alternative for MRS-1044

Post by codekiddie » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:54 am

jawylam wrote:Hi; just a note to say the Alternative MRS Zoom File Converter has worked brilliantly for me this last couple of days. I was trying to help a pal [who used to have a Zoom HD8 (which could produce a CD for copying etc), but now has the MRS8 after donating the HD8 to his son at college] by transferring the MRS8 files from the SD card to Wav files on my computer so we could burn the CD from there. I eventually found the Zoom AFM File Converter, but my PC couldn't handle it, stating 'incompatible software' or somesuch. Searching the web for more information, I eventually came across this forum and the wonderful Alternative File Converter. Just a big ThankYou to cokekiddie Phil from me and my singer/songwriter pal.
Glad to hear the converter is still proving useful to people :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest