Zoom-802 - IntHdd ERROR

All flavors of Zoom MRS gear discussed here, including MRS-8, 1044, 1266, 1608, etc.
devil.anse
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom-802 - IntHdd ERROR

Post by devil.anse » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 am

:twisted: I'm new for the most part - never posted but lurked quite often. I replaced the hdd in my 802 however it STILL reads IntHdd ERROR after I hold down the *clear button* and attempt to run the utilities. F**king Zoom hasn't contacted me after repeated attempts so I'm hoping someone here knows what direction I should head next other than smashing it. I can't find any info anywhere. I just don't know what it could be. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Be well. - D.A :twisted:
0 x

jrmose
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom-802 - IntHdd ERROR

Post by jrmose » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:30 pm

I have had the same problem along with other error messages, disabling my 802 for long periods over the years until I stumbled upon the cause of it all: Weak power supply. The original ps overheated. I used a cheaper brand with the same ratings, but got HDD ERR. Now I use an old computer ps, connected to the internal four wire connector and I still have my cheap brand ps plugged into the outer power jack. One must make a connection between the computer ps green wire and one of its black wires to make it think it is connected to a motherboard. A cheap fix. Any loose connection can give me a broad menu of interesting error messages. Good luck.
0 x