MRS4 track problem

All flavors of Zoom MRS gear discussed here, including MRS-8, 1044, 1266, 1608, etc.
moriarty67
new to this board
new to this board

MRS4 track problem

Post by moriarty67 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi,
I am a new member and would value some advice on importing a song from MRS4 to Mixcraft. My problem is when I import the song, which consists of only 2 tracks they appear as 1 track on Mixcraft so it is not possible to edit the tracks separately.
As I am not an expert on a PC it would be great if any replies are treated as though you were talking to a novice.
Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
Best regards,
Maurice.
0 x

codekiddie

Re: MRS4 track problem

Post by codekiddie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:13 am

moriarty67 wrote:Hi,
I am a new member and would value some advice on importing a song from MRS4 to Mixcraft. My problem is when I import the song, which consists of only 2 tracks they appear as 1 track on Mixcraft so it is not possible to edit the tracks separately.
As I am not an expert on a PC it would be great if any replies are treated as though you were talking to a novice.
Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
Best regards,
Maurice.
I know nothing about Mixcraft and how you import songs into it, but I am sure you must be able to import individual files.

To start with, what software are you using to convert the MRS-4 .AUD files, and what are you converting them to (.WAV .MP3 etc...)? If you are using the Zoom Card Manager program then they will be .WAV files.

What I really need is a more detailed description of the process you are using to get tracks from MRS to Mixcraft, and we can go from there. :type:
0 x

moriarty67
new to this board
new to this board

Post by moriarty67 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 am

Hi,
Many thanks for the prompt reply. I think my problem has been sorted by converting the files to mp3 individually instead of both at the same time. As i said in my first post computers are not my strong point but I am learning slowly and it's good to know there are some very knowledgeable people on this site that can help.
Best regards,
Maurice.
0 x

codekiddie

Post by codekiddie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 am

moriarty67 wrote:Hi,
Many thanks for the prompt reply. I think my problem has been sorted by converting the files to mp3 individually instead of both at the same time. As i said in my first post computers are not my strong point but I am learning slowly and it's good to know there are some very knowledgeable people on this site that can help.
Best regards,
Maurice.
Sounds like when they were converted together they were made into a single track Stereo file instead of two separate tracks :nuts:

Glad you got it sorted, and if you have any more questions then fire away, and we'll try to help if we can :)
0 x