MRS-1266 Help needed..

All flavors of Zoom MRS gear discussed here, including MRS-8, 1044, 1266, 1608, etc.
ReKr8
new to this board
new to this board

MRS-1266 Help needed..

Post by ReKr8 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:55 am

Hi,
I recently bought a Zoom 1266 form gumtree, for 130 pounds, only to find why it was so cheap.. it has been formatted, and hence has no OS. I have around 30 years audio engineering experience, so correcting this is not so much of a problem as obtaining a cd of the operating system. I have contacted Zoom, no response yet..

I read through many of the google results that lead here, meaning I know some members here may be able to help me do something with this toy. I know for instance that I should first contact Zoom, which I have done. I Also read a thread that mentioned copying SYSTEM.ZEX to the root dir, and here is where I personally ballzed up, as my head said do a file recovery using r-studio, but this application renames files, so that was out the window. I used restoration app, and thats when I realised that I had copied SYSTEM.ZEX over the origional, meaning data recovery was now impossible.

I have also read that the MRS1266 uses the same os as other models, which brings me new hope..

So, can anyone help me either obtain an iso image of any os that will bring this back from the dead, so that I can test my ide to sata converstion?

Thanks in advance..
0 x

1ManBand
Jedi
Jedi

Re: MRS-1266 Help needed..

Post by 1ManBand » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Zoom should get back to you, they got back to me and they sent me for free the recovery cd I needed.
Stick with us and show us what you do with your machine in the new song section.
0 x
1ManBand
Zoom HD8, Zoom MRS 1608 (mostly a dead Zombie), Washburn WI14 guitar, Yamaha RBX374 Bass Guitar, Yamaha Fretless Bass guitar from Allan, Yamaha psrE413 Keyboard, Casio old keyboard, Dixon Sax, Tambourine, Shure PG58 mic.
My music turns around this...http://soundcloud.com/1manband-1/g-n-rations

ReKr8
new to this board
new to this board

Post by ReKr8 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks for your reply.. I'd like to think they'll get back, but in all honesty, I've already given up hope. I'd be glad to let you hear my stuff, but I dont post it online, as I have gone completely off the net, as it is nothing like the net I used to love, now it's a waste of time.. as proven by Zooms idea of support.. and google's search.. I'd probably be quicker using a first class stamp..
0 x

ReKr8
new to this board
new to this board

Post by ReKr8 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:42 pm

ReKr8 wrote:Thanks for your reply.. I'd like to think they'll get back, but in all honesty, I've already given up hope. I'd be glad to let you hear my stuff, but I dont post it online, as I have gone completely off the net, as it is nothing like the net I used to love, now it's a waste of time.. as proven by Zooms idea of support.. and google's search.. I'd probably be quicker using a first class stamp..
Well, it took a while, but I got mine working, and thought I'd post the link to the version 1.07 before it goes down... direct from zoom, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/504 ... c.V107.zip Grab it while you can ;)
0 x

evilbrent
new to this board
new to this board

Post by evilbrent » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:52 am

Hi there - I don't suppose you've still got that file for the MRS 1266? I'm in the same boat as you - my buddy gave me his old 1266 and said "I think it just needs a new drive". Your dropbox link gave a 404 file not found.

Cheers,

Brent.
0 x

mrhoudat
new to this board
new to this board

Post by mrhoudat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:44 am

0 x

evilbrent
new to this board
new to this board

Post by evilbrent » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 am

Ha ha, cheers. That thing went to the tip years ago. Thanks though.
0 x