1266 dead HD - factory cd image required

All flavors of Zoom MRS gear discussed here, including MRS-8, 1044, 1266, 1608, etc.
pigeonvalve
new to this board
new to this board

1266 dead HD - factory cd image required

Post by pigeonvalve » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:20 am

Hi, It's my first time so please be gentle. I have swapped out the hard drive for a Seagate 120GB and it seems to have formatted it successfully - "Format Done". When I power back on holding down the CLEAR button I get the ROM UTY displayed, however when I try to press MARK nothing happens. When I switch on normally it gives me "SysFile Error", so I think the drive is okay and I just need the Factory CD image. As I'm sure you all know ZOOM have removed the support files for this amazing machine so all links now finish at "PAGE NOT FOUND". I don't suppose one of you lovely, talented and resourceful people could help me out please...
0 x

codekiddie

Re: 1266 dead HD - factory cd image required

Post by codekiddie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:40 am

Hi and welcome to the forums.
pigeonvalve wrote:I have swapped out the hard drive for a Seagate 120GB and it seems to have formatted it successfully - "Format Done".
I assume that you swapped the drive because the original was faulty? If not then I would reconfigure the original drive as a slave, connect it to your PC, and copy the contents somewhere safe on the PC. Next reconfigure the new drive as a slave drive, and connect it to your PC and copy the saved files to it.

Remember to reconfigure your drive back to a master drive before reinstalling it back to your MRS-1266 :shock:

If you did replace the original drive because it was faulty, then it still may be worth trying to connect it to your PC as a slave drive, and try one of the many file recovery programs available, to see if you can retrieve the system files. Just make sure you do not write any data to the disk during this process, as it more than likely will overwrite any data stored on the drive, and stop you from recovering what you need.

I have no first hand knowledge of using the MRS-1266, but according to the user manual there are two partitions on the drive. Firstly one named 'MRS-FAC', which holds the operating system files, and the second one named 'MRS-USR' which holds the project files. Did the format of the new drive create these partitions for you?

Hope this helps a bit, and with some luck someone more knowledgeable of the 1266 will be along soon to help :D
0 x

pigeonvalve
new to this board
new to this board

Post by pigeonvalve » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:17 am

Thanks codekiddie, I understand all that and it makes loads of sense. The original hard disk is knackered (loud audible ticking) but you never know.... it's worth a try. Thanks again.
0 x

pigeonvalve
new to this board
new to this board

Post by pigeonvalve » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:47 am

I have just received an email from Zoom.jp with a link to the old server where all the relevant software etc still lives - http://124.35.83.50/downloads/mrs1266/software/ and I'm back in business, this time with a 120GB HD - yay!
0 x

codekiddie

Post by codekiddie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:47 am

pigeonvalve wrote:I have just received an email from Zoom.jp with a link to the old server where all the relevant software etc still lives - http://124.35.83.50/downloads/mrs1266/software/ and I'm back in business, this time with a 120GB HD - yay!
Good to know you are up and running again, and thanks for the link :P
0 x