MRS-1608 Startup Procedure, Can You HELP!

All flavors of Zoom MRS gear discussed here, including MRS-8, 1044, 1266, 1608, etc.
Novice
new to this board
new to this board

MRS-1608 Startup Procedure, Can You HELP!

Post by Novice » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:57 am

Hi Everyone
Firstly thank you for allowing me to post on your Forum, as a complete novice and not a musician I feel somewhat daunted and very much out of my depth, but here goes!
I inherited a Zoom MRS-1608 machine in immaculate condition, still in original box and packaging from my son who has now moved abroad and I now wish to sell this on so it can be used as it was intended. However before I can do this I wish to satisfy myself that it is working correctly, and therein lies the problem ("a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"). From everything I have read this machine is held in high regard and is indeed a quality product.
Consequently I have followed the comprehensive manual supplied with the machine and powered it up (stand alone and not connected to anything other than a set of headphones) and the following is the sequence of messages I receive on the digital display:-
1) Check Drives
2) Check CD Rom
3) Zoom MRS 1608
4) HDD Scan
5) Ver 1.02
Screen then reads
PRJ 000
PRJ000
Using the headphones I can hear a drum beat and the sequence displayed in the readout, however the manual says there are some Factory loaded projects which can be accessed by turning the dial, but when I turn it nothing happens. Also the manual says that PRJ 000 should display "DontLkBk" not the PRJ000 I am seeing at the moment!
Therefore I am now at a loss to know if I have a problem with the machine or if it is simply my lack of understanding. Visually to me everything looks to be working, but obviously I am not sure.
Finally I should have said that my son fitted the CD drive to the machine after he bought it, and to the best of his knowledge everything was working when he left, although he had done very little work on it.
Sorry for my long post and my lack of understanding I do hope someone could read this and give me some advice and guidance on the above.
Thanking you in advance for your time.
0 x

georgio
new to this board
new to this board

Re: MRS-1608 Startup Procedure, Can You HELP!

Post by georgio » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:23 pm

your son must have deleted the demos,thats no problem as the machine is working perfectly.
If you have the factory disk then you can load the demos back in,but they are not realy needed.
You should get the max price for it with or without the demo.
0 x

Novice
new to this board
new to this board

Re: MRS-1608 Startup Procedure, Can You HELP!

Post by Novice » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:22 am

Thanks Georgio
Your reply was very helpful and has given me the reassurance I was looking for that the machine is in full working order.
I obviously didn't know if the check messages always appeared on start up so that concerned me.
Also hadn't thought about the possibility of the demo's being deleted, I still have the factory disc supplied with the machine but I will leave that to the new owner when I sell it on.
Once again thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply it is really appreciated.
Best wishes
Alan
0 x