data files for MRS4

All flavors of Zoom MRS gear discussed here, including MRS-8, 1044, 1266, 1608, etc.
dad roadie
new to this board
new to this board

data files for MRS4

Post by dad roadie » Fri May 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi to All,
I purchased a used Zoom MRS4 that's on its way off the web to record some songs . The seller didn't have any cards for the unit. Not even the original 32MB smart media card with the data files. I do have several 64MB cards that were left over from a Zoom PS02 that I owned quite some time ago. I know that certain cards would not work on the PS02 but reading up on the MRS4 I could not find a compatible card list similar to the ones found for the PS02 and PS04. The MRS4 manual (page 53) makes it sound like you can format a new card in the MRS4 to work even if you do not own the original card that comes with the unit. Is this true? If the original data files are needed on the card before you can format it would anyone have the files required to operate the unit that they would be willing to PM me? The two 64MB cards I have are a FUJI and a Sandisk. Any help would really be appreciated !
I know this recorder is fairly ancient but a friend had one many years ago and it worked really well for us. Thanks to all in advance!
dad roadie
0 x