Zoom Gear & Home Recording Forum

Zoom PS-02, PS-04, MRS, H4, HD16cd, R16 and home recording information, discussion, and support

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MRS 1044 HDD ERROR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:35 am 
new to this board
new to this board

Hi ! I just acquired a MRS 1044 for my nephew and we are lost. The screen says " check drives " Everything is connected properly. Is this a common problem or are we just lucky ?
Thanks for any help you can give us to get to first base...... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:56 am 

Hi SHAWNEYMA,

I have the 1044 and it too is "out of the loop" so to speak. If you're lucky, maybe your hard disk cable is loose on the inside of the recorder. You have to remove all the screws and take off the cover, then push the connector onto the hard disk and make sure it is seated properly.

If you are like me and a few others out there, then you might need to get a new hard disk.

Good luck,
Eddie

Post subject: MRS-1044
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:22 am 
new to this board
new to this board

Hi Eddie ! And Thank You so much for your response.

I did remove the cover and reseat the ribbon cable(even replaced the cable)and got the same response.

Then I removed the hard drive and replaced it with a new one and at least the " ACCESS ' red light came on but ALAS still got
1. CHECK DRIVES
2. INT HDD ERR

Is there someplace to get the software necessary for the new hard drive ? or am I missing something to be done ?

Thanks to All !
Shawneyma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:50 am 

Hi,

Even if you replace the hard drive, there wouldn't be any system files on it unless you loaded them from the factory recovery cd via the usb card, scsi card, or internal cd if you have that installed. If you have one of these but no factory recovery cd, you can find the files on the zoom web site.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/englishie_index.html

There are also only a few hard disks officially recommended by zoom which may have some affect. It may also be that your unit is broken and needs to be fixed. That means the shop, money and down time.

Good luck,
Eddie

Post subject: INT HDD Error
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:22 am 
new to this board
new to this board

Hello,
I also have this same Interior Hard Drive Error, only with the MRS-1266. I contacted Zoom to learn that all they could do was either sell a new hard drive to me for $500 (list) or have them install a new HD for $200 + $25/hr. Not being able to afford this i had no choice but to try and fix this myself.

The friendly lady at Zoom did confirm that INT HD Error did, infact, "sound like the hard drive is bad." Well, I took this supposed bad drive out of the Zoom and connected it to my PC as a slave drive. Test after test after defrag after file check showed this drive as being in perfectly fine shape. I even downloaded Zooms Music File Manager from zoom.co.jp and now have all my songs & projects saved to my computer (i have no usb or cd add-ons.)

So if it isn't a faulty Hard Drive, what could it be? Has to be the software, right? Wrong, i downloaded Zooms 1.09 update and changed the files accordingly and still.. INT HDD ERR.. So I'm following a process of elimination now. Now I'm on to the cable's. If you notice, you can unplug the power to the disk drive and the HDD light will stay on but the screen and HDD light doesn't "blink" as it does with the power plugged in. So its not that. If you unplug the data cable to the drive, you get no light at all.

So in conclusion, this "INT HDD Error" isn't from a faulty hard drive, power cable or data cable. I still haven't found the solution.

Please let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions. I'm out of ideas.

Thanks,
Josh Pickeral
Arsenic
www.cinesra.com
arsenic@cinesra.com