HMHS 167 Dave, Dave and Zoetrope (7/18/09)

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
chckn8r
dues paid
dues paid

Re: HMHS 167 Dave, Dave and Zoetrope (7/18/09)

Post by chckn8r » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 pm

criddlerus wrote:That is really interesting (Interesting? No comments, Butterworth. ;) ) that even a keyboardist would still be more likely to save the guitar. Hmmmm. Must be something about the physical nature then.
Well, I guess it's that and also the fact that most (pretty well all) of my gear is not really considered "vintage" - if I HAD to replace it, I'd be able to find something that's pretty well 99.9% the exact same. I haven't mod'd anything or whotnot, so, if someone from Korg came and swapped out my Triton Rack for a brand-new shiny one, I'd be able to load up my presets from disk and be off to the races.

I guess that DOES raise a point though - even though my gear is all pretty well replaceable, the ONE thing I'd be grabbing on the way out is my RAID array that has all my backups...
0 x
"no, I didn't get any comments about my last name when I was little, why do you ask?"

Composer/Alpha Chicken: Hatched Productions
Co-Host: Inside Home Recording
Songwriting Trainwrecks: SoundClick Page

tonythetech
new to this board
new to this board

Post by tonythetech » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:01 am

I think chckn8r should join Zoetrope and criddlerus for a "These are the Daves we Know (we know)" show.
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:29 am

I'm not a Dave, so that wouldn't work.
0 x

Gu Djin
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Gu Djin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:47 am

If Sean can do it, I'm sure you would for the sake of your art?
0 x
1964 Guild Starfire 5, MiM Fender Telecaster, MiM Stratocaster, K Yairi and other various acoustic guitars and music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and Dean acoustic bass - And M-Audio Keyboards - DAW LogicPro X

chckn8r
dues paid
dues paid

Post by chckn8r » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Zoetrope wrote:I'm not a Dave, so that wouldn't work.
Dave-ism is a state of mind and attitude - I think you'd fit in nicely. Although, there is a pretty painful and humiliating initiation process that Criddle can probably elaborate on better. I've blocked it from my mind...;)
0 x
"no, I didn't get any comments about my last name when I was little, why do you ask?"

Composer/Alpha Chicken: Hatched Productions
Co-Host: Inside Home Recording
Songwriting Trainwrecks: SoundClick Page

criddlerus
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by criddlerus » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:54 pm

chckn8r wrote:. Although, there is a pretty painful and humiliating initiation process that Criddle can probably elaborate on better. I've blocked it from my mind...;)
It makes us stronger, better members of society.

3 out of the 4 people on my team at work are Daves. Very entertaining at meetings when someone says "Dave needs to do this." Also very handy when someone says "Dave screwed up"
0 x