HMHS 178 - Helium (10/16/09)

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
chckn8r
dues paid
dues paid

Re: HMHS 178 - Helium (10/16/09)

Post by chckn8r » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:11 am

Dave ... I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My sincere condolences to you and your family. You do know that you've got a ton of folks out here that'll help you out with anything you need ... just let us know.

Regarding soundproof vocal booths, if you've got a closet, stuff yourself in it with the mic and put your DAW on loop record. ;)
0 x
"no, I didn't get any comments about my last name when I was little, why do you ask?"

Composer/Alpha Chicken: Hatched Productions
Co-Host: Inside Home Recording
Songwriting Trainwrecks: SoundClick Page

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Sorry to hear about that Dave. I'm sure it was a shock.
0 x

criddlerus
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by criddlerus » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Zoetrope wrote:Sorry to hear about that Dave. I'm sure it was a shock.
Yes it was a shock. It is really rocking my world. I had never really contemplated what it would be like without her. Very, very sad. She was going full steam and now she is gone like that. Very difficult. She literally saw every show that she could possibly attend, including our David Bowie shows at a huge rock and roll bar. Very cool for a 76 year old woman. Thanks for the words everyone. 2090 is such a nice place.
chckn8r wrote:Regarding soundproof vocal booths, if you've got a closet, stuff yourself in it with the mic and put your DAW on loop record. ;)
You know, I am thinking about that. I was thinking of building a room, but then as I thought about it, that room seemed an awful lot like a closet. :shock: :) I need to clean out the closet a bit and remove the cat box. ;) I might want to put some insulation up in there. Singing at 1am will still probably be a no, no unless I can make it air tight, right? Think I can damp the volume down enough with some insulation? Maybe if I just don't sing at full volume.

Dave
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:44 pm

I saw you had posted here what you said in yesterday's conversation.
I'm certain she was needed there, but God needed her more.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:38 am

My deepest condolences to you and your family on your loss, Dave. :cry:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Joe Mac
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Joe Mac » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:23 am

Very sad to hear about your loss Dave.
Sincere condolences to you all.
0 x

CharlieWardick
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by CharlieWardick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:12 pm

The Legendary Ten Seconds - The Most Beautiful Girl from Torquay: I dunno, struggling with anything to say about
this one. Guess I just said something.

Harry Stout - I'm With The Band: Its ok, its alright. Rockin!

Dave Criddle (hot off the presses) - Rainy: Some things shouldn't be done in an hour. Alrigth song, but levels were off or seemed that way espcecaily at the end with vox and guitar.

Dan Overholt - Sun in My Skies: well done song seemed really long though.
0 x