HMHS 179 - Alone (10/30/09)

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
criddlerus
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: HMHS 179 - Alone (10/30/09)

Post by criddlerus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:09 am

chckn8r wrote: Wouldn't say your voice was too hot, but rather drums were to low, I'd probably have brought the kick and snare up (or maybe compress them some more) more than drop your vocals down.
I would agree. Also, remember to try playing the mix through speakers at low volume as well. That can many times unearth mix inequities. A solo or vocal that is too loud will stick out like a sore thumb. It is always a good idea to try many listening scenarios. Many people even put the mix on speakers and listen from the next room for a different perspective. An interesting idea.
Pablo wrote:Recognition? Well, you, The Cracks, said that there are billions of songs over there, and it's true. Probably the song would sink in "that ocean". So what's the use? Really don't know.
A big part of it for me is just enjoying the creative process. It is a thrill to have a finished song. Also, I have enjoyed going back and listening to collections of Tony's stuff or just going onto Soundclick and listening to a bunch of Zoetrope's 2000 tunes. I think more of us should make up albums of our materiels and present them for listening to each other. Some of my output is uneven, but I think I could cobble 4 or 5 pretty good tunes into an album. I would like to add a bunch of hmhs people's tunes to my iTunes collection. I really should do that. It might be helpful if people suggested an album of songs though. This has been a recurring idea of mine.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:09 am

Bandcamp.com would be a great place for such an album, people could pull together their personal favorite stuff into albums and then you can download the whole album in whatever form you wish (as a listener).

Oh yeah and I think the drums are fine and personally I don't think all that listening on other devices is necessary for my goals as a hobby home recorder :)
0 x

criddlerus
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by criddlerus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 am

tonyoci wrote: Oh yeah and I think the drums are fine and personally I don't think all that listening on other devices is necessary for my goals as a hobby home recorder :)

Didn't you whine about the vocals being too loud? How hard is it to turn on your speakers for 5 minutes? You are a piece of work Tony! :) 8)
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:19 pm

So at this point you make a strange assumption. I actually mixed the whole song on speakers and I listened on headphones. Speakers and Headphones in the same room is different from "It is always a good idea to try many listening scenarios"
0 x

criddlerus
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by criddlerus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:11 pm

tonyoci wrote:So at this point you make a strange assumption. I actually mixed the whole song on speakers and I listened on headphones. Speakers and Headphones in the same room is different from "It is always a good idea to try many listening scenarios"
Ok, ok.. :) We can resume this discussion on Friday. :)
0 x

davecooper
been here a while
been here a while

Post by davecooper » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Again lots of very good music.

Enjoyed you and Albert's song and the way you broke it down into its component parts.

Well done everybody.

My condolences Dave.
0 x