So the more I listen...

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
guitar junkie

So the more I listen...

Post by guitar junkie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:57 pm

So I am listening to all the podcasts I can get my hands on through iTunes and I think that as I have been listening longer there are a few things I have learned...

Tony is a lazy songwriter would would rather just use the same old patches and the same old presets than try and create something new....

He also needs to suck it up and just play with four tracks of audio and real instruments for a change.

Dave has many guitars and is always going to need more, he also is a pretty darn good player too!

And that listening to a podcast while working my day job makes me work twice as fast as normal... Sorry to be picking on Tony but seems like someone should sometime....

Anyway I plan to have some songs up soon as my firepod is back, or else I will go oldschool with my M-Audio Transit and a small mixer...
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So the more I listen...

Post by Zoetrope » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:29 pm

I think that would make him a lazy recording engineer rather than lazy songwriter. But actually I'm the lazy one. Tony actually produces songs.
0 x

criddlerus
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by criddlerus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:50 am

Tony is most accurately a creature of habit. I have to say he can whip up a song quicker than anyone I know. I think he has a very streamlined workflow. He don't mess around.

I am definitely a person who goes on streaks - like buying guitars, or drum loops, or whatever the item of the hour is. I was one a guitar kick late last year. It has more or less gone away for now. :)

Glad we make you work faster! :)

Dave
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:22 am

guitar junkie wrote:Tony is a lazy songwriter would would rather just use the same old patches and the same old presets than try and create something new....

He also needs to suck it up and just play with four tracks of audio and real instruments for a change.
I think there is vast confusion here. I have the same DAW setups but vary my guitar patches around (though in truth most bands don't change much). I have done a number of songs with just 4 tracks and did a whole set of acoustic only tracks. I'm not sure what the real instruments comment is about since I virtually never use MIDI, I use guitars through a POD and Toneport, a Yamaha PSR keyboard for piano and a MicroKorg for synth sounds.

I have no problems with being picked on but there has to be some accuracy involved :)
0 x

guitar junkie

Post by guitar junkie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:51 am

Well then I will gladly stand corrected Tony :look:

Anybody on this forum or show that uses real amps anymore? It seems to be a lost art or something!
0 x

Gu Djin
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Gu Djin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:05 am

I have and use a couple of small and mini practice amps for recording occasionally, but it is less anti-social to DI as the software nowadays is good enough for most scenarios for my home recording. Plus I sometimes record the speakers on my keyboard as it gives a "roomier" than just DI'ing.
0 x
1964 Guild Starfire 5, MiM Fender Telecaster, MiM Stratocaster, K Yairi and other various acoustic guitars and music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and Dean acoustic bass - And M-Audio Keyboards - DAW LogicPro X

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:21 pm

I have a cheapy little clean amp that I never use (though I should perhaps). Anything that involves mic'd recording just generates noise in my recording environment.
0 x