Dave Criddle Speaks

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Dave Criddle Speaks

Post by Sungodv » Thu May 26, 2011 8:57 am

Well, look-ee what I found!!

Feel free to ignore that stuff at the bottom. :P
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

famouspatrick

Re: Dave Criddle Speaks

Post by famouspatrick » Fri May 27, 2011 11:46 am

I found it, too. Tape Op sent and email about their online mag, and I was perusing it and found our Heroes being interviewed. How cool! Dave and Tony, you guys are the greatest, and I am glad that you got some recognition from the most credible recording mag in the universe for the masses. Good on ya, guys! I haven't done shit in the studio for the last year, and I am once again inspired by you guys to dust off the mics and hit it again.

Oh, and I'm also glad that Andrew got some props there; I listened to HRO from ep. 1! I remember one of the first episodes was Andrew just reading a list of eq frequencies and what they were good for. That show got better and better, and I remember thinking that it had to be a lot of work. I can't imagine making that kind of commitment!

I can't remember which episode HMHS was on when I first heard it (I DO remember it was the one where Tony reviewed his Variax guitar), but I immediately downloaded all the previous episodes and subscribed to the feed. I have been enjoying it ever since. I can't tell you how much Tony and Dave brighten up my day when I see there is a new episode on the feed.

Thank you both, and it's about time you guys got some recognition from the press!
0 x
Famous Patrick

"A song is just a tune and a poem"

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Sat May 28, 2011 12:38 am

Thanks Patrick (and Steve), these interviews were done a REALLY long time ago so they must have been desperate.

I'm always surprised when people consider TapeOp as a great mag for home recorders because I really don't think it is, there's rarely an article that doesn't focus on gear outside the price range of most of us and techniques you could only use in a studio or with unlimited time.
0 x

criddlerus
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by criddlerus » Tue May 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Ok, I obviously need to spend more time on the web since this post has been up for 5 days.

The article came about because an HRO listener named Rob Christiansen contacted me about doing an interview a long time ago. He is a sometimes correspondent for Tape Op and interviewed me at least a year ago. He was trying to get it into the magazine but it eventually ended up in the online version. It was nice to get a little recognition.

Yeah, I agree with Tony a bit. Tape Op definitely has some analog snobbery going on and many hints like: pull out your Avalon pre-amp and plug it into your vintage LA-2A. Most of us don't have $10,000 to throw around on recording gear. :look:

Thanks to Rob though for getting this article out there. Pretty cool!
0 x

famouspatrick

Post by famouspatrick » Tue May 31, 2011 6:27 pm

I agree that Tape Op isn't a great mag for home recordists, for the same reasons that Tony and Dave stated. I think it is aimed more at the project studio market. It's principle virtue for me is that it is free, and they occasionally interview someone I am interested in, like our favorite podcasters. Since I'm not paying for it, I don't mind that 80% of the magazine is essentially useless to me.
0 x
Famous Patrick

"A song is just a tune and a poem"

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue May 31, 2011 9:42 pm

FYI: You know, you could do the HMHS on blogtalkradio.com and have people call in. You would also actually earn a few (a very few) bucks when people listen.

I always wanted to tell you that but never found a good opportunity. This probably wasn't a good place for it either, but there you have it...

:yes:
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Ahh, how misunderstood I am :) I have never really had any interest in getting paid for this (or my music). It's a hobby.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 am

tonyoci wrote:Ahh, how misunderstood I am :) I have never really had any interest in getting paid for this (or my music). It's a hobby.
No, I understand. Besides, the pennies you would make wouldn't be worth transporting the entire operation over to that website. You are right - keep it pure.

:metal:
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by lucas » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:28 pm

tonyoci wrote:Ahh, how misunderstood I am :) I have never really had any interest in getting paid for this (or my music). It's a hobby.
I think you've always made that pretty clear.
0 x

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:59 am

Can I have my donation back then, please? :twisted:

Nice find, Steve.
0 x