The First Home Made Hit Show Is Now Onlne

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:37 pm

You have a veritable free promo machine right here. If everyone would just email a couple pals and give them the link, asking them to listen and pass the link on to their pals, things might start to move. Now, this doesn't mean to spam folks! Just your friends in your address book. Let's do this and see what happens. In the meantime, everyone keep dreaming up ideas.
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:46 am

I'm starting my week with the podcast, I only got to hear the first couple songs last time. It's a pro job all the way around. I'll be posting the link here and there and emailing to a few friends.

A+ :music: :^:
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:43 am

One thing that's amazing me right now is how hard it is to find upbeat songs made by home musicians. The majority of the songs here and all the one's I tracked down at Soundclick are slow-mid paced. I want to open and close each show with something more upbeat.

Tony
0 x

meuki

Post by meuki » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:59 pm

Tony keep it up pliiiizzzzzz....It's great, My first podcast, I love it, love the show and your choice.

BTW I don't see why you couldn't play you own stuff, especially if it's as good as those vintage two.
0 x

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:06 pm

Yep, you've got a natural talent for this. Obvious already in the intro.

Great jingle, Tomas! :^:

Skip the samples, it feels dusty and doesn't add anything. Consider adding some kind of reverb or something during your talk parts, not something obvious but very subtle, to give the show a certain sound. Could be some chorus to warm it up, or EQ in some particular way. Experiment.

Great content and the production is, as always, solid. You should make a promo pretty soon, you'll need it. ;)
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:18 pm

I have no idea how to make a decent promo.

There is reverb etc. on the speaking parts, I am using the tapecp patch from the PS04. I don't really want to get into mixing them on the PC cause it stops me from doing the show "live"

I like the samples, but it's obviously a personal choice. I might drop them if I can find something else to fill the gaps.

Tony
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:29 am

Okay Tony, I reconsidered... and for bribes... I like beer (I just ran out).
Believe me, I got some killer promos in mind but I just need time to lay them down. They're top priority for me...

Hey, here's the bulletin I sent out to the cool 10K+ friends that I have in MySpace....

So you do owe me a beer or so! :)

Hey Friends,

It’s not often that I send bulletins, but when I do they’re usually to announce a new song post. Well, this is a little different… I do have a few new songs, but this isn’t about that.

A friend of mine just started to put together an online radio show/podcast that features music from folks who create and produce their own music. It’s called “The Home Made Hit Show” and it’s totally brand new. It can be found at… http://www.homemadehitshow.com/ …where the first broadcast can be downloaded.

I strongly recommend that you check it out and download the first show! It features cool songs from real musicians and songwriters. If you’re a musician who records her/his own stuff, please send Tony your best song(s) for consideration for the next show –OR- if you’re interested as a listener… let him know you’re out there. He’ll appreciate it very much! Visit the site and send him an e-mail (tell him Lee sent ya). :)

This can become a great tool for each and every one of us that want to take the control back from the corporate fat cats that sell us the lip sync performers and return it to talented people who personally create real music IF we make it so.

I should note that the song format is for rock music (in a broad sense) and doesn’t include dance, rap, or any other style of music that is being forced down our throats by the industry so they can make their millions on the current breed of one hit wonders.

TAKE A STAND FOR REAL ROCK MUSIC AND FOR REAL TALENT!
http://www.homemadehitshow.com/
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

nicka
Yoda
Yoda

Post by nicka » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:44 am

I'm back and i havn't had a listen yet Tony but it looks pretty good to me.
Keep it up. :wink:
0 x

AndrewB
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AndrewB » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:49 am

Tony, just managed to listen (at work that is so cool) -I can stream it off your site, beating the IT police.

The show is great, I listen to podcasts from KCRW and you should check some out they might help. Yours are equally as good. The song selection was excellent. Really liked the first one - hadn't heard that before- great song.

Well done for making it happen...I know there's a lot of work behind this.
0 x
Listen to my songs at:
www.soundclick.com/andrewbrock

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:53 am

Thanks Lee, I'm looking forward to the promo's. I will share all the profits I get from my freely available show with you :twisted:

Thanks Andrew, that's a nice compliment.

Tony
0 x

BlueInGreen
dues paid
dues paid

Very cool

Post by BlueInGreen » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:20 pm

Listening now. Great idea.
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:45 pm

Tony,

I'll offer up GWhiz for you to use.. kinda upbeat.

I'm working on something else for ya too.

Might I suggest some of the public domain chri.... er holiday songs we are working on for a theme show?

have to see if I can beat the IT police at work thursday... woudl be cool to listen to while I am workin in After Effects (sometimes that can be mind numbing)
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:47 pm

I have considered a christmas show but I need some more upbeat songs, I think the public domain stuff would be great since I have no copyright to worry about.

My problem remains a lack of upbeat songs. I searched through here and there are suprisingly few songs that really qualify as upbeat, there are faster songs but they still plod along somehow (mine included). Out there on Soundclick and other places it's the same thing.

Tony
0 x

nicka
Yoda
Yoda

Post by nicka » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:11 am

Andrew wrote:Tony, just managed to listen (at work that is so cool) -I can stream it off your site, beating the IT police.
Hows that possible when its still an mp3.

I'm not sure how far i can go here at work and i don't know how to find out without trying it and getting a slap on the wrist. :?
0 x

AndrewB
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AndrewB » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:41 am

You need to click on the word 'Here' to get it to work. I guess Tony but it in both formats. not sure exactly why it works but it does.
0 x
Listen to my songs at:
www.soundclick.com/andrewbrock

nicka
Yoda
Yoda

Post by nicka » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:30 am

Thanks Andrew
It will work but some people have been pounced on for downloading mp3's but also there is a lot of people streaming radio stations so i'm guessing the mp3's are monitored but the m3u streams are not.
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:48 am

Tony,

very nicely done, but, as you said, very "dark" musically. ;-)

Your voice was pretty good, but a bit boxy, not sure if that was the compression, or if the original sounded that way.

doesn't anyone write happy songs. :lol:
0 x