Home Made Hit Show Episode 3

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:17 am

Tear It Down – I really like this song. It’s catchy and memorable; a homemade hit for sure.

Nine Lives – now this one sounds familiar :)
I love the mandolin and real percussion. Never noticed the Alice In Chains vibe in this song until now. It has depth on every level. The layered vocals work so good! Can I rip this off? :) Happy to see the Zoom Master himself on the show!
Tony, the mellow and/or acoustic stiff should be on every show but not so early on. It’s nice to have a break after a few upbeat tunes. Too soon and it doesn’t work as well.

See You Again – very impressive and I’ll listen to it again. A hit.

The Living Guilt – Hhmmm…. it makes me want to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge. Then again, if I was in a different mood I might really like it. Seriously, it’s well performed but I’m not in the mood. Those drums might be the part I’m not digging. They sound off. Truth is that I downloaded the show and listened to it all the way up to here and couldn’t listen again until now.

Suspicous Times – a much better vibe on this one but the chorus is a let down. Again, it might just be that I would rather be listening to Suspicous Minds. If I were in a better mood I might love it. It does have a cool something.

Strange Visit – oh boy… it’s me tonight because nothing sounds right. This song just… well, lacketh balls. Those drums are of the devil. Again, there is something really good here but he could use some help on a few parts.
Tony, have you considered extending your honed producer skills to say “change this and that on the songs and I’ll play it”?
Oh… wait, wait… something interesting is happening here(?) I think I like the end of this song.

The show had a different vibe than the last and was just as satisfying but in a different way. I honestly can’t trust my own feelings at this time (that ever happen to anyone else?), but overall I’d say it was good. As the initial excitement dwindles the clarity for calibrating the show will emerge naturally so I don’t think I can offer any advice apart from the two bolded sections above.

I’m still excited but in a more practical way and would like to see it grow.

PS
I think it was your new punk song post that put me in a bad mood!

Oh yeah, and I hope you don't mind me armchairing this because I know for a fact that I would totally stink at doing what you're doing. You're doing really great man.
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:43 am

Lee, I only have on thing to say

0 x

Dragondicer
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Dragondicer » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 am

0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:09 am

Lee wrote:I’m still excited but in a more practical way and would like to see it grow.
That does it. I'm off to buy a monitor cover. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.