Home Made Hit Show #4 is now onlin

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Home Made Hit Show #4 is now onlin

Post by tonyoci » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:21 pm

Featuring a Meuki, Omegaman, Store collab :D

www.homemadehitshow.com
0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:33 pm

Did the quick Rick skim-through and this one seems to be the best yet in terms of quality, selection and continuity. I'll give it the full listen later on tonight.
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.

Dragondicer
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Dragondicer » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:07 am

Good show, Tony, just like the previous ones. You know what you're doing! :D
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:27 am

Another great show; well done!
0 x

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

Post by MatBio » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:45 am

I'm subscribed so I got it about 2 days ago. Great show, I always load it into my iPod... You're daughter is cute...
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:00 am

Tony,

another good, er great one! I hadn't listened to There's a song in quite a while, that was a fun one.
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:23 pm

I thought the opener “Catherine Wheel” by Slim was really excellent with an awesome classic rock sound and great vocals. The stereo activity was even a bit distracting to me and I usually like that and the chorus was a bit anti-climactic but overall the song delivered – big time.

The transition into “Charlie Rose” by La Fea was going just wonderful until the “F” word came along. It was relatively easy to recuperate from it because the song’s screamo power-pop mix was really effective. A lot of magic in this song. Wonderful… and then another one struck! Again, more magic and a memorable tune for sure.

“Butterfly” by Hugh Hamilton is extreme retro and done very well. A bit too cutesy for even my sappy tastes but enjoyable. Overall, way too intentional on the retro thing without enough of a deviation to be original in my book, but still a nice song.

“There's a Song” by the Zoom three was fun to hear and it was my first listen (that I recall). Not my favorite tune for any three of the guys and I’m surprised it was selected over the other collab songs with Albert and Kim. I have a feeling Bill will be on many a HMHS episode. :)

“The Duck Wars” by Michael Anthony was further evidence that he should stick to being the bass player for Van Halen. :) Not my bag at all… perhaps on a different day. The end with the real duck sounds was the best part. Eight months? Is he seeing a therapist? Just bustin’… whatever he’s into.

Hey, I hear my name… :)

“40,000” Feet by FabKebab was appealing in a (once again) retro kind of way. I like it though because it had a 70s vibe that I really dig. In contrast with the last tune I think I would like anything though.

Some really strong songs mixed with some mediocre to weak ones, but I realize that you can’t control what’s being submitted. It may not help much but I’ll send out a bulletin for the holiday show with more overt encouragement to the artists to send you some stuff.

PS
Great introduction with your daughter! :)
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:29 pm

Thanks Lee, I hate useless swearing in songs, stuff that doesn't fit or add stuff but I simply couldn't shake that song, it's really catchy.

I like all the songs though I know what is better and what is weaker. I am very limited by what's sent in and I need to think of ways to encourage submittals and broaden the audience before I quit.

Tony
0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:03 am

Tony, it takes a while. Give it time. I would encourage you to not quit. What would have happened had Bill Gates given up 25 years ago. No error messages, that's what. Uh, bad example.

I watched the Joe Louis story the other night on PBS. It was truly inspiring. You will get to the top of the podcast heap (well, no one will beat Ryan Roxie's podcast) if you don't let a few setbacks stop you.

We need a good clean show desperately. I can deal with a damn or hell in a song now and then. But by your very refusal to lay in the gutter shows a maturity and class so lacking these days in broadcasting. Turn out your light and the podcast world just goes darker and darker.

OK champ, get in there and give it all you got. And remember to keep moving and protect your face. We're in your corner Boom Boom Butterworth! Show 'em that the Wizard of the West Midlands can do!
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:07 am

Tony,

It’s very disheartening to hear you use the “q” word in the same sentence as the podcast. Like Rick said, if this podcast goes under the world will be thrown into darkness. So no pressure, but quitting will only hasten the apocalypse! :lol:

Yes, I’m trying to be funny but Rick’s right. There is a purity in having a show about unpaid folks who create music because they truly love it. That’s what excites me most about this show. Even more than the music sometimes! :lol: He's also right about the time thing. Heck, it will likely take a year to even start gaining any real momentum.

My reviews have been on the harsh side because I know there’s enough praise to go around to balance it –AND- I’m looking at it from the perspective of my friends list (and I’m sure you’ve picked up on that… I’m like a proxy listener at times. I’ll tell you more of why in a PM). Hands down… you’re doing a fabulous job and MOST of the songs that you’re playing are absolute gems. A few clunkers don’t matter much. They’ll always be warring ducks to balance things out.

If you can’t keep up the pace then don’t kill yourself over it, but you might want to think about putting together some canned inserts and/or introductions that nobody but us here would really notice. It’s not cheesy, it’s just reality. You know, like a countdown show where the name of the artist and song are quickly inserted into a dramatic intro that is repeated through the show. Heck, I’d be happy to live with a cheesed out Home Made Hit Show than no show at all. Just a thought man… it doesn’t have to be perfect. Are most podcasts weekly, bi-weekly, monthly? I'm clueless.
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

AndrewB
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AndrewB » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:59 am

Tony, nice show again, why would you want to quit when you can make such great shows. It will always be difficult finding a target audience. Just this week a completely obscure song has got to number one in the UK charts through the internet alone. It is about a tractor and was unheard of for 2 years until they put an animation of the tractor on their website and next thing, word of mouth spreads and they end up No. 1. Hang in there.
0 x
Listen to my songs at:
www.soundclick.com/andrewbrock

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:52 am

My main issue is with getting songs, I can't come up with ways to attract people to send me songs which makes finding 'em hard work.

Tony
0 x

Macca
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Macca » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:57 am

Have you got a myspace page for it?
You could just 'add' anyone and everyone with a band page and then spam out a "HEY YOU, DO YOU WANT FREE PROMOTION" bulletin to people asking for submittions.....

just a thought..
0 x
\m/

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:03 pm

I do have Myspace, but that's a lot of work and not many out there seem to be home recorders. I have friends who might be able to help with that though.

Tony
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:13 pm

tony,

try this

there are some links to other home recording NG as well.
You could also post to any newsgroup that has to do with music. alt.music.saxophone is one... spam em! ;-)
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:07 pm

You might want to switch to every other week until the number of songs submitted picks up in quantity and quality. Also, did you post at TapeOp.com's forum? And Homerecording.com? If so you should have been inundated. Deluged! :shock:
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:21 pm

TapeOp has been quite productive but homerecording really doesn't have a music forum and they dumped my couple of posts looking for songs.
0 x