Home Made Hit Show #8

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com

Song of the week

Devil Woman - John C. Painter
No votes
Train of Confusion - Philip Edwards
9%
Baby Sez - Mr. Troll
18%
The Cost - James Thorogood, Roger Davis, Andrew Richardson
27%
Blue Morning - Seth Bata and Dwight Engen
9%
Does it Matter - Dennis Crowther Experience
36%

Total votes: 11

juandog
dues paid
dues paid

Post by juandog » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:55 pm

it was an interesting show, i liked it a lot, and you have an inviting radio voice.

JIF
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:21 am

pedwards wrote:...you guys gotta understand that there are some folks that aren't into metal music...
Phillip, I can't speak for anyone else but my comments on the show had nothing to do with metal... seriously. I'm more of a classic rock to power-pop listener anyway, but I'm thinking of the show from the perspective of trying to encourage other internet contacts to listen in. Most of the ones who will consider doing so are younger than me and are into progressive and often heavier stuff. Then again, many like acoustic stuff too. I just want to hear a little of everything rather than a show with a stylistic theme or apparent trend. I'm trying to contribute by arm-chairing Tony's job. ;)

BTW, your song is really cool man! It has a Dead kind of feel that is real catchy and easy on the ears for sure. Great job!

A guy does one song with pro-wrestler style vocals ('Alcohol') and he's branded metal for life! :lol: The next song I will write will be "Un-Metal". :lol: Actually, a few of my songs are mellow ('Slip Away', 'Lonely Girl', 'Stay'). If you heard what I listen to on a daily basis you might question why I like guitar rock. I'm too lazy to get better on the piano so I just play everything on the guitar instead.

I got it!!! New song: Un-Elmo!
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

pedwards
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pedwards » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:54 pm

I understand completely and I just used metal as a for instance......as I have been trying to review more lately there tends to be a LOT of metal to go around. The most difficult is the metal stuff that is purely instrumental because if you leave out the vocals the instruments have to take it up a notch. It takes a lot to push it from an interesting "jam" to a well constructed piece that can stand up without vocals. There are a few on this list that have been able to do that and others that have made noble attempts. But as a reviewer I try to seperate my tastes (as much as I can) and listen to the technical aspect. Incidently I have been listening to Unemo and intend to review it tonight but initial impression is I really liked it. Anyway thanks for the kind words on my tune and i will now dismount my soapbox :lol:
0 x

chf
Yoda
Yoda

Post by chf » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:34 pm

Hey this is cool. Does it Matter was tying for first place but I edged it into a clear lead on its own. Splendid!

Chas
0 x