Home Made Hit Show #10

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com

Song of the week

Absolutely Julia - The Wendels
25%
Apotemnophilia - Chris Rollason
13%
City Buses - Juan Florencia
No votes
Gloria - Mikael Nordin
13%
Right to the Rails - EmperorX
25%
Learned My Lesson - Roger Davis
25%

Total votes: 8

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Home Made Hit Show #10

Post by tonyoci » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:26 pm

www.homemadehitshow.com

Thanks for listening, especially to my particularly long and boring rant this week :D
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:02 pm

Anyone listening ?
0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:12 pm

I will in just a bit, Tony. My wife's hosting a baby shower for a friend, and it's very difficult to keep me quiet back here. Fear not, I'll have the p.a. blasting HMHS as soon as we get the battle axes out. Right now, I must go back and take a tray of hors d'erves around and smile. Dammit.....
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:25 pm

Tony,

Haven't listened yet but I will before the weekend is up (I may have a chance to write/record today so I'm going to concentrate on that).

One suggestion/idea. I almost thought that there were no Zoom folks in this one but then I noticed Juan up there. Is there a little * that you could put next to Zoom forum people in the future? Sometimes I don't recognize the real names. With a "* = Zoom Forum" on the bottom.

:?
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

Dragondicer
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Dragondicer » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:44 pm

Nice show!

I like the message board idea!! :^:

well done, as always, Tony, even though I didn't find a really gripping song this time (for my taste).
But sound quality was very good again. And i absolutely agree with your opinion regarding expensive equipment!
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:50 pm

Very good show Tony..the wendells song is hit material. thanks for the rant..folks like me have no need for extra or expensive equipment seeing how i cant yet use the mrs properly yet. again a very solid show
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:12 pm

Another great show. I thought the first song, Absolutely Julia, was over compressed/limited. There's a thumpy quality to it that gave me "listener fatigue".
Second song, Apotemnophilia; glad you left the intro in, I liked it, although the lead part is out of tune. The song is a bit lofi (cardboard box drumset anyone?), but has a nice vibe.
City Buses: I liked this song back when it was called "I Melt with You." :lol: Just kidding. Good song.
RANT: great as always.
Gloria: Sounds good. This guy has a nice quality to his voice.
Right to the Rails: Cool opening, odd song. Reminds me of Gary Newman as far as vocals go.
Learned My Lesson: Good one to close with, nice energy and a good mix.

Well done!
0 x

Jeffster
The Force
The Force

Post by Jeffster » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:02 pm

Another excellent show, Tony. I'll share that at the end of this show, I said to myself, once again Tony has fit 20 gallons of musical talent and entertainment into a 10 gallon can. There you go! What more can I say, except to apologize in advance for comparing your show to a 10 gallon can. But did I mention, it's a *home made* 10 gallon can?! :lol: Must be just me, but that next to last song really blew my socks off. I thought that one should have been the show closer. I was thinking Strokes. But every song was a winner in my book, so, keep up the good work! 8)
0 x
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:51 pm

I've now officially run out of "rant" subjects so unless something happens between now and Friday I'm gonna need some ideas ? :D
0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 pm

I thought I was the only one that noticed the 'Melt with you' closeness of City Buses. 'Learned my lesson' gets the vote this time.

And this is the best rant ever. I've heard alot of recordings made with expensive equipment. Sounds fair, but no better than someone skilled with a PS04. There are alot of good home recordists out there, but Blah blahblah Brand of gadget does not a good song make.

Thanks for using my station ID Tony. I'd forgotten about it.
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:03 pm

Will listen in the coming week. Since you always post the show Friday pm CA time, I have to wait until after the weekend to download it (at work). (No complaint, just stating the fact.) And, without your rants the show would lose its edge. Keep it personal.
0 x

nicka
Yoda
Yoda

Post by nicka » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm

Anther great show Tony.
My situations kind of like stors as you post it on a Friday and i download it on the weekends so i can listen to it on the nano while riding to work through the week and this works out really well for me,it a great listen for the trip .
0 x