Home Made Hit Show #11

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com

Song of the Week

I love the world - Pocket Gods
17%
Point of View - Jeff Yankauer
17%
Coming Around - Jay Britton
17%
The Light - Michael Novick
17%
Revelstoke Mountain - FERRET-Tim De Ferrars
33%
She Scatters the Seeds - The Levitations
No votes

Total votes: 6

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Home Made Hit Show #11

Post by tonyoci » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:47 pm

www.homemadehitshow.com

Yes I will actually have software to give away next week

:D
0 x

StingerT125
Jedi
Jedi

Post by StingerT125 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:30 am

Another fine show.

I went with 'Coming Around', although for me it was close between that and 'The Light'.

I fianlly caught up with some of the other shows I missed too. They are all consistently good.

If I subscribe does that send the show to me or just a notice that the show is available? I'm not sure how that stuff works.
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:48 am

Great show again Tony. I too thought Coming Around was the best offering this week. some eclectic music on this one. i know its not your preference but i'd like to hear some rock and roll. anyway good rant again and i look forward to your giveaway(s).
0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:22 am

Point Of View.
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:30 am

Stinger: If you subscribe via email then it just informs you when the show is ready, or you can send me an email at homemadehitshow@gmail.com and I'll just add you to my standard email list. You can also download a podcast client and then the show will automatically download. Let me know if you need more help.

Riff, I would happily play rock and roll in fact I have a good one coming soon, problem is that only about 10% of songs sent are not slow ballads, so getting a "Good" faster song is a major challenge.

Tony
0 x

Jeffster
The Force
The Force

Post by Jeffster » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:28 pm

Another hit home made show, Tony, if I can play with word orders here. :lol: So do you record your show in the bedroom or the basement? :wink: I voted for your podcast, weird how they send you the email to make you confirm your vote, guess that helps keep things honest? Also, unless I missed it, they don't give you levels to vote for, like "Hot/Flop", it seems like you just vote, and I guess that means a positive response. At least I hope so. Revelstoke Mountain and The Light were my 2 favorites. Couldn't decide between them, so again, did not pick a winner above. I suppose it's finally time for me to offer you a Jeffster song - have you ever listened to "Days" on my songsite? That one is interesting in that the musical background was all created by a Madpplayer, randomly with some control choices by my. Then I took the final result into the PS-04 and created the lyrics, melody, and sang the vocal track, and mixed it all in n-track. And of course, there's the iBlues Experiment with Tomas, like Blues No More, that is making ever bigger waves in the Blues world as we speak... 8)
0 x
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

chf
Yoda
Yoda

Post by chf » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Good show this week Tony. Looking forward to next weeks competition....
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:39 pm

Good mix of songs. The show was really good, I think it improves a little each time. Well done.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:42 pm

Jeff, the show is recorded in the car :D

If you want me to play something please email the show, I have everything cataloged there.

Voting is definitely a positive vote.

Tony
0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:17 pm

Looks like you got a more pleasing mix by the voting.
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:17 am

Tony,
I couldn't yet (go to sleep). I'm wired from a LONG drive home (Super Bowl party) and too much coffee...

Regarding the "whine". Hey, one thing you have to keep in mind is that these boards are much like "real" conversations and people say things for laughs and also for venting. Right? It's been that way since day one and it won't change... so get use to it! You're just as "guilty" as the next guy so don't hide behind your bloody microphone buddy. It’s people that are the problem and good luck changing them. Mental filtering is key. Eat the meat and spit out the bones.

Second, I'm never going to vote for a single song ever again here because music isn't a competitive sport.

Thirdly, I don’t think I could ever top the line “speak to me like Richard Harris” and I also wanted to mention that I STILL OWN A YAMAHA MT8! It’s in my basement collecting dust as I type. Anybody want to buy it? :)

‘Coming Around’ stood out to me as something pretty darn unique compared to the other stuff that’s been on the show. Nice tune man. I dug the whole production.

How ‘bout home made music from the living room? I could never get anything going (on the MT8) in the basement. The bedroom has been okay but the living room is tops for me.

Dug “The Light” very much – great tune. Ferret’s tune was a charm upon first listen way back when and just as much this time around. The closer was a retro-rocker treat; enjoyed it on many levels.

No hard-rock again, bummer.
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:29 am

Lee wrote: Eat the meat and spit out the bones.
I did down a half rack of ribs today. Who won the big game?
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:33 am

Rick, stop polluting this thread with irrelevant small talk! Just kidding – the Steelers (as I’m sure you know). Check out cnn.com or something man. :)
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:42 am

Honestly, I didn't know. I heard the Stones were gonna do the halftime thing, that's about it. I spent the earlier part of the day under the house fixing broken plumbing (old farmhouses are like that). Next was picking up my brother's Kia from the dealership (he intends to use that 5 year warranty for all it's worth. Three more years and they can rest easy). Then we went out to dinner for my wife's 33rd birthday which is actually tomorrow. Then it was off to all the shops.

Thread pollution.....there's gotta be a legislation somewhere condemning it.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:13 pm

Lee, I don't think I have been sent a single hard rock song until this week, I should be able to play it this week or next.

Also another person sent that they are recording their music in the kitchen so I guess there are more places than I thought about. :D

Voting is not a competition in this case, it's a statement of what song you liked the most - it's interesting to me and helps me see what people like. However your longer comments also achieve the same thing.

Tony
0 x

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:02 pm

Gosh, harder than ever to vote. One song excels in sound quality/mixing/mastering, another one in performance, a third one in song writing, a fourth one in quality... :esp:
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:17 pm

I have an idea - what do you guys think.

This idea came from something Howard suggested to me.

I'm thinking of requesting CD's from people and then giving them away. So if you have a Home Made CD I'll give it away as a prize.

Any thoughts.

Tony
0 x