Home Made Hit Show #14

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Home Made Hit Show #14

Post by tonyoci » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:18 pm

Show 14 is up, kind of laid back.

Please please if anyone here wants me to play their songs please send to Homemadehitshow@gmail.com so I can get them in queue. I'm trying to rededicate myself to the home made aspects and stop looking only for only well produced songs.

This week:

Gin and Panic - The Brill Bedroom/Corin Ashley
Somnabulistic Rodent - Doug Owens
I Miss You - John Sotter
Open your Eyes - Chris Cresswells
She Dates Creeps - Timothy Cameron
Shoretown – Bill Mecca, Alex Lorito, Nick Abrahams, Kim Nguyen
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:55 pm

Haven't listened yet. I sent my best song and it didn't make the cut and it certainly is as homemade as you can get. Does suckiness count? I've got that nailed.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:57 pm

It's nothing to do with making the cut, I have a huge queue which I work from the bottom up. I will track yours down, though for some reason I don't remember getting it -send again if you want.

EDIT: OK I found it that came on the first day of my vacation and was 8 pages back in my list. That song is great - it's in the next show.

Tony
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:35 pm

Tony,

thanks for using Shoretown... at the moment I am blocked from getting mp3's at work (they changd something that now has me going ot the wrong proxy server, and try to get IT off thier butts) but will check it out this weekend.

"I'm on the podcast, I'm on the podcast... I AM somebody!!!" Nathan Johnson in "The Jerk 2006"
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:39 pm

Hopefully you appreciate my band names for you Bill Mecca and e-web band or Bill Mecca's Lonely Rock Stars Band :D
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:11 pm

:) actually I prefer Excellent Adventure.... I still own the domain www.excellentadventureband.com so life is an Excellent Adventure.

you can call me anything, just not late for dinner.
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:56 pm

OK i finally got around to listening..nice mixture of stuff. This Gin And Panic..i know it's been said a lot here..but that sounds more like the Beatles than anything yet..great song. She Dates creeps..anything with a line that says "he's a waste of DNA" is cool in my book. And of course the epic Shoretown..i've already said what agreat song that is. Those were my standouts for this week. Top notch as always Tony.
0 x

nicka
Yoda
Yoda

Post by nicka » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:12 pm

Just got to listen to shows 13 & 14 this morning.

Another 2 good shows and congratulations to you Jeffster.

Keep up the good work :^:
0 x

Jeffster
The Force
The Force

Post by Jeffster » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:56 pm

Another great show, tonyoci, good song selections that went together well, and the whole thing seemed to be over too soon again. You have a positive personality for this sort of thing, and it came through well in this show. Good intros, good transitions, and an entertaining mix of music, recording and forum opinions to keep the listener's interest high. Well, at least mine! :D
0 x
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

sbata
Jedi
Jedi

Post by sbata » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:45 pm

Hey Tony, glad to see and hear the Homemade Hit Show still cranking. You've put together another interesting compilation of little-known-but-fine talent. Keep up the good work and let me know if there is anything I can do to support.
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:05 pm

Well, I finally got around to listening. I downloaded the lo fi version last night. Man, I am all over that show!! :lol:

Good one Tony, and not because of my previous statement. I have to find some time to do some new ones for you.

BTW I sent a link to my Brother in law and his reaction...."the Sound of Asbury Park lives on!"

Thanks for including it and the kind words.
0 x

StingerT125
Jedi
Jedi

Post by StingerT125 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:33 pm

Finally got to give it a listen. Another good show. You do come across very good on these podcasts, your style and delivery fit perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to put these together.
0 x

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:37 pm

Have had time to hear it a couple of times by now. Gin and Panic was a nice new one.

But I feel a little offended that you say you have two listeners, considering the feedback you get in this forum. Consolidate your channels! :x :wink:
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:51 pm

The slide on Gin and Panic as well as the vocals… my gosh… the whole darn song is awesome. One of the best songs I’ve ever heard that was produced at home. Simply magical… it doesn’t get better than this. I wish I could write something this incredible and had that voice. This is my new favorite song. It’s so seventies… I’m in awe. It can only go downhill from here.

I’m in a euphoric mood thanks to the opener… I’ll have to lookup “Somnabulistic”. Oh okay, I use to know what that meant when I was in school and was smarter. The driving rythym works but I’m not hip on the lyrics.

This is more like it, “I Miss You”. This is good. Very good song and one I’d like to hear when I’m driving in the country during the summer with my wife. I like it.

The on-air kick in the butt about bad singing explains why I’m on the new show! :lol: Thanks Tony… I’m bustin’ on ya, but good move getting back to the original inspiration. Hey, please have one or two pro caliber ones still because without that I wouldn’t have heard “Gin and Panic”.

Okay, I like “Open Your Eyes” too because it has a strong seventies feel with the electric piano and all. The only song so far that doesn’t have the “seventies” sound (IMHO) is that rat tune. :)

“She Dates Creeps” is a nice change and I like the comical lyrics! :lol: With drums this could be a hit.

I agree with the rant for several reasons. Sure, the search helps but so does fresh insights.

“Shoretown” was the perfect closer. I had my lighter (a.k.a. an open cell phone) up and the other are waving!

It was a mellow show but the caliber of the songs made up for that. Then again, younger listeners would probably not get it… but I’ve been wrong before. Tony, do you get any screamo or emo tunes? If not maybe it’s because they all have record contracts! ;)

PS
I laughed when I saw the picture on the HMHS site. :lol:
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:10 pm

I get some EMO but I mostly play it all if it's any good. No screamo or anything ever comes my way.
0 x