Home Made Hit Show on the Rock and Roll Geek Show

Check out the Home Made Hit Show with Tony and Dave at http://homemadehitshow.com
tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Home Made Hit Show on the Rock and Roll Geek Show

Post by tonyoci » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:55 pm

I sent in a little soundbyte to the Rock and Roll Geek Show which, as mentioned, is my favorite podcast. This show is played on Sirius Satellite radio so the snippet I sent in got played to a nice large audience which also means Ferret's and Howards show id's were played to a national audience also.

It's show 156 here http://rockandrollgeek.podshow.com/

My part starts at 20:50 and includes an f-bomb from the host which is not usually his style.

Tony
0 x

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:11 pm

Tony,

I'm flattered. Interesting site - I've never visited before. I clicked to download the mp3 podcast, but 7hours+ just wasn't letting me hear much at all. The player on the site is at a lower bandwidth, but still stops and starts every second or two. Too bad Michael doesn't provide a lo-fi version like you do.

Howard

Edit: Turns out the flash player starts downloading a 128/44 mp3 file to my cache (found this out by looking at the cache and copying, opening same in WinAmp). The itty bitty bit of the podcast snippit I did download in the time available plays in WinAmp, which says it's at 128/44 as well. I have no Idea why it would take so much longer to download than the same thing pulled off the server by the flash player. I posted a comment suggesting Michael post a lo-fi version for those on dialup. Never hurts to ask.

Edit: Ok, I get it now: When you click to play the player, it starts the download, which doesn't finish until it's done, or until you close the browser window. If, after you start the player, you click to download the mp3, you've just doubled the load on your bandwidth. When I refreshed all and clicked to only download the mp3, I got a much more reasonable 2hours+ which for 35mb is not bad. How long does it take you to download the mp3 on broadband?
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Home Made Hit Show on the Rock and Roll Geek Show

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:06 am

tonyoci wrote:This show is played on Sirius Satellite radio so the snippet I sent in got played to a nice large audience
That's great publicity for your show. Congrats :!:
0 x