Bye, bye Line 6... it was nice while it lasted

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
Lee
The Force
The Force

Bye, bye Line 6... it was nice while it lasted

Post by Lee » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:30 pm

Okay, I've been a Line 6 fan since last year or so, but I have essentially transitioned back to Zoom stuff. Here's the story...

It started with the TonePort, which is an awesome interface for its simplicity and great tone, but I'm not doing the PC recording thing these days so that's likely to be sold soon.

I bought the mighty POD X3 Live. It does everything but grind coffee beans and that's part of the problem. Can anyone say overkill? Great tool for a live cover band, etc. It will be eBayed in the next week or so.

Bought the top of the line Variax electric. It's a great instrument in many ways but it doesn't let me go "growlllweeeaaahhhhuuuuuuuuhhhh" the way my Ibanez does. It too will be eBayed.

Being the stubborn type I am, I just bought a pocket POD this past weekend. It's a great little unit with some killer sounds. Are they much better than the Zoom HD's? Not to my ears (after much tweaking to the Zoom might I add). It will be returned this week.

I'll be posting my HD's guitar settings soon enough, but first I need to finish the song. Heck, I like the tone, but once I post it we'll see what you guys think.

Summary: Line 6 has killer tone but simplicity is something that pays more dividends for someone like me (one unit vs. several, etc)... especially after I tweaked enough to get the sounds I wanted.

Bye, bye Line 6 and hello again Zoom!
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:26 am

Who are you again ?????

Dave Criddle just bought a pocket pod and loves it.
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:46 am

My wish list- better effects for the Toneport. Reverb and delay are passable but the rest suck. Bad.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:51 pm

Buy the addon packs. You can try them for 30 days.
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:47 pm

Got the Gold pack...I'll keep you updated.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:50 pm

I certainly have no ear for this but the general reputation is that Line 6 effects are on the better end of modeled effects. There's plenty of experts who claim them to be good

I don't see a Gold Pack on the site there. Which one do you mean, the Power Pack ???

Power Pack includes the Stereo Delay which is one I use a lot (on the POD) and FX pack includes Boost + EQ which I use a lot (it's a ripoff to put that one in the FX pack)
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:11 pm

http://line6.com/gearbox_plugin/
At the bottom of the page- 78 guitar amps 70 some cabs
24 bass amps and cabs and 80 plus stompbox models. The friggin works.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:26 am

But you bought the plugin then ? That's the VST thing that allows you to record the guitar clean and then apply all the amps etc. on the PC = way too much work. I was recommending the Toneport add-in packs.
0 x