Dual Pod Farm Mic/Instrument record with Reaper

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
criddlerus
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Dual Pod Farm Mic/Instrument record with Reaper

Post by criddlerus » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:36 am

Ok, this might be out here someplace but I couldn't find it quickly. A friend who I turned on to recording and now has a Toneport UX2 and Reaper wanted to know how to record both Vocals and Instrument simultaneously. I wrote out instructions for him so I though I may as well post them here while I am at it:

In the Pod Farm:
1) Click Presets and find the patch Dual Pair (use the Search box) and select it
2) Click on Mixer and change the Rec Sent 1-2 Source to Tone 1 and Rec Send Source Tone 2
3) Now go to Tone 1 below and select the in put as Instrument and go to Tone 2 and select Mic1
4) Drag the gear you want into each tone. Ex: put some guitar amps on the guitar tone and a mic pre on the Mic tone

In reaper:
1) Go to Options|Preferences|Audio|Device
2) Under Enable Inputs make sure first= Send1. Change last=Send 4
3) Create a track for Vocal and Guitar
4) On one track click the "in" button and go down to Mono Input and select "Send 1"
5) On the other track click the "in" button and go down to Mono Input and select "Send 3"
6) Arm both track to record and now you should be seeing one track respond to your mic and the other respond to your guitar.

Dave
0 x

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: Dual Pod Farm Mic/Instrument record with Reaper

Post by lucas » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:39 pm

thanks.
I was looking at this and just realized that PODFarm does not have the 'Instr. & Mic 1' source selection like Gearbox.
I sort of like the Gearbox interface a little more than the PODFarm UI.
But mostly, I use Gearbox for the Tuner. :D
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Re: Dual Pod Farm Mic/Instrument record with Reaper

Post by Sungodv » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:49 am

I bet you guys would like a REAPER sub-forum. :lol:
Unless I'm using dual-tones (I don't very much) I prefer GearBox. I know that's not an option with the new UX2. So much easier with GearBox. PodFarm seems to have been produced with git fiddlers in mind. Glad I have the option.
This is very easy (if not identical) to do with just about any DAW, btw.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.