POD Farm 2

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

POD Farm 2

Post by minerman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:20 am

Looks like Line 6 is trying to keep up with other software companies as of late, they've gave a free 12 fx update for the POD X3 Live owners (I think trying to compensate for the USB dropout issue....), & now POD Farm 2. I feel kinda sorry for the UX1 & UX2 owners, the "regular" POD Farm 2 is $50, & the "Platinum" is a whopping $250.......BUT X3 owners get the "Platinum" PF2 for free.....New features are unlimited configuration of effects (IE you can put any effect in any place in the signal chain, a feature I've been wanting since using PF1...), & MIDI control....

http://line6.com/podfarm/
0 x
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, Carlo Robelli
EVH LBX 15w, EVH 4x12, Marshall 1960A
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 'phones
NI Komplete Audio 6, Alesis Q25, M-Audio BX8
Shure, Sennheiser, Audix, Samson, Behringer & Carvin mics
Dell Desktop: Intel Quad Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, Windows 7

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: POD Farm 2

Post by Zoetrope » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:14 pm

I'll wait for the price to drop to $20, which is about all I'm willing to pay. It would be nice to add a mic preamp after the mic on the guitar amp. That's a feature I've wanted for a while. But not enough to shell out $50.
0 x

famouspatrick

Post by famouspatrick » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 pm

minerman wrote:I feel kinda sorry for the UX1 & UX2 owners, the "regular" POD Farm 2 is $50, & the "Platinum" is a whopping $250.......BUT X3 owners get the "Platinum" PF2 for free.
http://line6.com/podfarm/
I don't know - I just went through the whole list on the Line 6 site, and the Platinum was $250 for every version of the X3 that I found there. Do you have inside info?
0 x
Famous Patrick

"A song is just a tune and a poem"

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:07 am

Apparently it's changed from today around 11:00 am, when I go to the same link now, it says $50/$250......Not gonna go there, my X3L already has the USB dropout issue, no way I'm giving 'em another $250 for the same fx I already have....It would be nice to re-arrange the fx chain order, or just use say, an amp head, but again, not gonna give 'em $250....I'll just keep what I've got....
0 x

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:17 pm

I thought the Pod Farm 2 software was free (That's what Dave Chick indicated).

I hate Pod Farm anyway and I'm just glad my Gearbox is still working.
0 x

chckn8r
dues paid
dues paid

Post by chckn8r » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:02 pm

tonyoci wrote:I thought the Pod Farm 2 software was free (That's what Dave Chick indicated).
Sorry, didn't elaborate - you can download it for a trial period and then purchase the upgrade...
0 x
"no, I didn't get any comments about my last name when I was little, why do you ask?"

Composer/Alpha Chicken: Hatched Productions
Co-Host: Inside Home Recording
Songwriting Trainwrecks: SoundClick Page

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:54 pm

It was free for a few hours, before I left for work the day it came out. When I got in that night, it had changed....I'm still debating whether to upgrade or not....
0 x

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

maceman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by maceman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:38 pm

In my monkey it says this:

If you activated POD Farm on or after October 1st 2009, you are eligible for a FREE POD Farm 2 license. POD Farm owners who activated POD Farm before October 1st 2009 may be eligible for a discounted POD Farm 2 license (limited 30 Day promotion expires 4/30/10).

I am trying to remember when I bought this thing as I may get it for free????
0 x

chckn8r
dues paid
dues paid

Post by chckn8r » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:46 pm

maceman wrote:I am trying to remember when I bought this thing as I may get it for free????
I was in the same bind, but then went to look at my account under purchase history to find that I bought it way before then in ... :(
0 x
"no, I didn't get any comments about my last name when I was little, why do you ask?"

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:18 pm

I just try to get one decent distorted "brown" sound to use for everything. Can't understand why anything more is needed. :lol: ...I really don't see the point.
I'm quite happy with the latest Line6 tone I'm using but it may be some time before I can share it. :roll: I'd hate to post the config without first posting a song using it (the song is totally done but nothing is recorded yet, lol). It's similar to the 1970-Something config tonally only much "hotter"/more distorted, and yet, when playing a sus2 or sus4 you can hear every note.
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

chckn8r
dues paid
dues paid

Post by chckn8r » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Lee wrote:I'm quite happy with the latest Line6 tone I'm using but it may be some time before I can share it. :roll: I'd hate to post the config without first posting a song using it (the song is totally done but nothing is recorded yet, lol). It's similar to the 1970-Something config tonally only much "hotter"/more distorted, and yet, when playing a sus2 or sus4 you can hear every note.
Dude, you're such a tease...
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:51 am

I know this is an old post but to update, I bought my Pod Studio UX2 two weeks ago and on the box it said "Free Pod Farm 2 Upgrade". When I installed the monkey, it was on the list of included upgrades, so I DLd it. It's pretty cool, but I'm not an electric guitar dude like alot of you cats. I also DLed Gear Box. There's a few pretty decent vocal patches in there. My favorite setting for vocals is "90s Alternative" with "Brite Room" reverb.

Nothing on mine about a "free trial" but I bought it way after 10/1/2009, so I guess I get to keep it.
8)
JB :D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio (RIP), Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:42 am

Lee wrote:I just try to get one decent distorted "brown" sound to use for everything. Can't understand why anything more is needed. :lol: ...I really don't see the point.
Guess I've gotten sucked into finding the "Holy Grail" of amp sim tones Lee, & to be honest, Line 6 is really hard to beat. I've tried just about every amp sim out there (Amplitube (2, 3, Jimi Hendrix, Live, Metal, X-Gear, Fender), Softube's Vintage & Metal Amp Room, Vandal (Magix), Revalver MKIII, ACME Bar Gig, LePou, iZotope Trash, Steinberg Warp, Kuassa, Guitar Rig 3 & 4, TSE, Simulanalog, Nick Crow, basically everything except for Overloud TH1 & Waves GTR3 (I did try the GTR Solo, but didn't care much for it), & that's just the guitar amps, tried almost as many bass amp sims..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Although some of the amp sims I mentioned sound more "real" to me (Revalver, Amplitube 3, & Vintage Amp Room), I keep going back to Line 6, again, I think their stuff is great. I use an ART Tube pre between my guitar & interface now too, & that seems to help the sound a little... It would be cool to trade patches, whenever you get your song recorded....Sorry, I know you posted this a while back, been really busy with work... :nuts:
voclizr wrote:I know this is an old post but to update, I bought my Pod Studio UX2 two weeks ago and on the box it said "Free Pod Farm 2 Upgrade". When I installed the monkey, it was on the list of included upgrades, so I DLd it. It's pretty cool, but I'm not an electric guitar dude like alot of you cats. I also DLed Gear Box. There's a few pretty decent vocal patches in there. My favorite setting for vocals is "90s Alternative" with "Brite Room" reverb.

Nothing on mine about a "free trial" but I bought it way after 10/1/2009, so I guess I get to keep it.
8)
JB :D
If POD Farm 2 ran one time & you didn't get the "No Authorized Device" message, you should be good to go JB..... You can use the fx for your keyboards, drums, bass, or whatever too....
Lee wrote:I'm quite happy with the latest Line6 tone I'm using but it may be some time before I can share it. :roll: I'd hate to post the config without first posting a song using it
I'd like to see what your settings on the amp/cab/fx are Lee, you've got me curious. I always liked your guitar tones, & personally thought they sounded very, very good. I know a lot of the tone comes from the player/guitar/strings, but again, I'd like to compare your settings to what I usually use. When I first started with the HD8, I searched the forum & used some settings you posted as a starting point for some of my tones. If I remember, you were using the ENGL amp in the HD... :metal:
0 x

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

shaft
dues paid
dues paid

Post by shaft » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:10 pm

Which one do you recommend, UX1 or UX2?
0 x

Rocles
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rocles » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:13 am

I'd def go for the UX2 ... I have that one, much more flexible, you can record a guitar and vocal at the same time (dual XLR inputs) The major differences between the UX1 and UX2
phantom power and the number of inputs.
0 x

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by lucas » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:36 am

The UX2 is more versatile and definitely worth the extra money over the UX1

ux2 has:
- 2 XLR inputs
- phantom power
- 1 normal & 1 pad 1/4" instrument inputs
- 2 front VU meters
- 2 line inputs
- 2 footswitch inputs
- 1 RCA Digital out
- 1 stereo monitor input
- headphone output
- 2 analog outputs
- 2 output controls (1 for headphones, 1 for the analog outputs)

ux1 has:
- 1 XLR input
- 1 1/4" instrument input
- 2 line inputs
- 1 stereo monitor input
- headphone output
- 2 analog outputs
- 1 output control
0 x

shaft
dues paid
dues paid

Post by shaft » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:08 am

Aight thanks for the answers
rocles you joined 1 week after me 7 years ago, whats the chance of that hehe. later
0 x