So I got used UX2

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
guitar junkie

So I got used UX2

Post by guitar junkie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:32 pm

So while I wait for the extra cash to get my Firepod fixed up at PreSonus I thought I would pick up this used UX2 at guitar center and since they had it priced well :D

I know they updated to a new hardware and software package for this product, giving it a new version... How hard am I going to have to fight to get the software downloaded for this thing?

What can I expect to go through? I had to put it on layaway until Tuesday because it was such a recent item in the store, they had to hold it for the Police for 72 hours.

I don't have any software for it, will need to get a copy of whatever this sucker goes with. Is line 6 going to hit me up for a copy?
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Re: So I got used UX2

Post by Sungodv » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:36 pm

First thing, register with Line6. You will havta give up your first born...... :twisted:

https://line6.com/login.html?user_attempt=

Normally, the thing comes with a driver CD, but used? Who knows. Should be able to DL everything you need.
Yer gonna love it. :yes:
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:30 pm

+1 to Sungod, you should be able to download everything you need for the UX2. I couldn't do without my Line 6 gear/software......Good luck!!!
0 x
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, Carlo Robelli
EVH LBX 15w, EVH 4x12, Marshall 1960A
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 'phones
NI Komplete Audio 6, Alesis Q25, M-Audio BX8
Shure, Sennheiser, Audix, Samson, Behringer & Carvin mics
Dell Desktop: Intel Quad Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, Windows 7

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

guitar junkie

Post by guitar junkie » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:11 pm

I managed to get everything downloaded so far, I will have the thing on Tuesday and since the weather is calling for rain that day I should be able to have some time indoors to sit down and play with it.

So far I think I am going to like it!
0 x

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:36 pm

POD Farm is pretty cool (IMO anyway), & you should be able to get a free upgrade to POD Farm 2 since you've registered after Sep. 2009.....Check the Line 6 site to make sure though. POD Farm 2 is better IMHO, it sounds the same & has the same effects, but if you get the "Platinum" pack, you can have the "Essentials" which means you can load just the amps/cabs, modulation, etc. seperately without using the whole GUI, saves on CPU. You can also re-arrange the effects (IE: put a vocal pre-amp after a guitar amp/cab for more tone shaping possibilities).....Good luck!!!
0 x
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, Carlo Robelli
EVH LBX 15w, EVH 4x12, Marshall 1960A
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 'phones
NI Komplete Audio 6, Alesis Q25, M-Audio BX8
Shure, Sennheiser, Audix, Samson, Behringer & Carvin mics
Dell Desktop: Intel Quad Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, Windows 7

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by lucas » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:08 pm

guitar junkie wrote:What can I expect to go through?
be sure to keep your receipt on hand, you might need it to get the unit registered to you.
I bought an 'open box' UX1 from Guitar Center around the end of last year and it was registered already.
I had to call them to get it released.
so you may have to call them with the info, but it shouldn't be much of an issue, it went pretty smoothly for me.
if you have to mail them a copy of the receipt, you can just take a picture of it with a digital camera if you don't have a scanner.

too bad about the wait, waiting sux :(
0 x

guitar junkie

Post by guitar junkie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:03 pm

So I got it today...

So far I played a bunch of guitar tones with a borrowed guitar, and it sounds ok (I don't own an electric right now) But the sounds are good... I still like the feel of my tube amp a lot better but then again some of this stuff could be fun for things other than guitar...

I so far like the pre amp models a lot, though I have yet to lay anything down with them at this point... I should have a song together by next week if I can just get the time to sit down and make some noise :guitar:
0 x

Rocles
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rocles » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:07 am

I've recorded a full album using the UX2 for almost every instrument and all Vocals...essential kit here 8) live I use the XT Live, so many of the same patches live in both units. I bought all the addon packs for both too, look out for Line 6 doing one day sales on these.

The only thing it can't do well is make an Electro Acoustic Guitar sound natural ( unless you guys can prove otherwise...if so, send me the Patches! ). For that, I use the Zoom A2 or the Yamaha MagicStomp, both of which do a terrific job

I'm more than happy to share any of my custom patches for the Line 6 gear...let me know and I will upload them
0 x

Gu Djin
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Gu Djin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:38 am

Put my acoustic with a Seymour Duncan Woody pickupthrough the ux2 using the vocal patches and it doesn't sound too bad. I don't remember exactly, but it was either "bright and clean" or "studio vocal" that I used on this.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8250620

This was just a tester, but although not perfectly natural - to me it didn't sound too bad. Works reasonably well with my 12er as well.
0 x
1964 Guild Starfire 5, MiM Fender Telecaster, MiM Stratocaster, K Yairi and other various acoustic guitars and music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and Dean acoustic bass - And M-Audio Keyboards - DAW LogicPro X

guitar junkie

Post by guitar junkie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 pm

I got Pod Farm downloaded, but not version 2

I still like Gearbox better, less graphics and simpler window to handle overall...

As for acoustic guitar.... I have good mics for that, I think I'll just use mics and the preamp models. I really don't think I'm going to use a lot of amp sims anyway I'm mostly an acoustic musician anyway.

Sounds good though!
0 x