UX2 Mic input

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
surfercook
The Force
The Force

UX2 Mic input

Post by surfercook » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:26 am

Was curious why the UX2 doesn't respond to my guuitars signal via/XLR cable plugged into the mic input. I purchased a three prong on both ends for the MRS-8. Thinkin I need an XLR to 1/4" now...to go into the 1/4" jack on the UX2?
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Re: UX2 Mic input

Post by Sungodv » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 am

Have you set Podfarm / Gearbox to MIC (1 or 2)? Is your battery dead in the guitar? Can you check the XLR cable with a Mic?
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Re: UX2 Mic input

Post by surfercook » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:45 am

Sungodv wrote:Have you set Podfarm / Gearbox to MIC (1 or 2)?
I did not set PodFarm to mic at first...just went in and saw that feature in: File>Preferences>Hardware>Inputs and Recording> then there is a message that states "When Pod Farm is running, Input Selection and Record Sends are configured in Mixer View". Went into the mixer and turned the mic input on. Good to go now...works perfectly, muchos gracias Senor Steve. Guitar was super distorted at first, had to turn the mic gain down.
You ever use "Acoustic Guitar" setting? Of course you have...that is some serious "cavernous" reverb. Good stuff.
Sungodv wrote: Is your battery dead in the guitar?
Pathy has a feature to indicate when the bat is going, going, gone....LED light blinks. When the bat is gtg it lights once and goes out after plugging in.
Sungodv wrote:Can you check the XLR cable with a Mic?
Cable is fine....Pathy has been working w/it since I purchased this generic about a yr ago.
Sungodv wrote:Podfarm / Gearbox
What is the difference between these two? I'm thinking they are basically the same program but Farm is just updated w/more sims?
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube