POD Farm 2.5

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

POD Farm 2.5

Post by minerman » Wed May 18, 2011 1:04 am

Supposed to be able to use POD Farm without having you Line 6 interface connected, stand alone & VST, in 64 bit operating systems. I've read in another forum there's a gui issue already (probably a bug), & some customer's model packs aren't working properly (can't confirm though, not tried it yet myself.......), so I'm gonna hold off until I think they've got it all sorted. Took 'em a little while to get their WIndows 7 issues worked out, so I'm sure there will be problems to start with. I can say my Line 6 gear/software hasn't given me any problems since switching to Windows 7 though, over a year ago.....Thought you folks might find this helpful.........

POD Farm 2.5
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, Carlo Robelli
EVH LBX 15w, EVH 4x12, Marshall 1960A
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 'phones
NI Komplete Audio 6, Alesis Q25, M-Audio BX8
Shure, Sennheiser, Audix, Samson, Behringer & Carvin mics
Dell Desktop: Intel Quad Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, Windows 7

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Re: POD Farm 2.5

Post by surfercook » Thu May 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Free upgrade to PodFarm2.5 from 2.0? Would be nice to use a stand-alone vst w/out having to load the UX2.
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Mon May 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Just a little reminder that POD Farm 2.5 is full of bugs right now, so many that I don't recommend updating right now. As soon as I hear of a "fix", I'll post the results/links here......

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Mon May 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Awaiting your go-ahead.....masterman. :lol:
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD

ron-e-g
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by ron-e-g » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Me-2! Thanks James.
Ronny

"The older I get, the better I was"

Songs by Ron-e-g

Zoom MRS 1608, Mixcraft 5, Reaper, Steven Slate Drums, EZ-Drummer, Superior Drums, EZKeys, Art Tube Amp,T-Racks, Line 6 Tone Port Ux2, Pod Farm, Gearbox, Guitar Rig 4/5 Pro, Rode NT1-A Mic, i7 950, 24GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, OCZ 120GB SSD, 1 TB second & 3 TB External, 2- 23" AOC displays, Behringer 3031A 8" Truth Monitors, Fender Strat, Schecter C1 Classic, Micheal Kelly Hybrid, Ovation Celebrity Deluxe, Takamine 332-C And Me!

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Only thing I've heard is how to downgrade from 2.5 to 2.0, problems doing that, even with complete uninstall from what I've heard/read.....No idea how long it'll be, but I'm sure they'll get it sorted........

I'm just gonna stick with what I have for now, it works without any problems, but I will post when I hear of any fixes/news..... :whistle:

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

Other Tony
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Other Tony » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Is anyone using 2.5 yet?....I'm still on PF2 after reading your comments I decided not to update it.....The Line6 monkey keeps telling me to update though...Cheeky Monkey :lol:
Please be 100% honest when reviewing my songs and don't worry about offending me!

My Songs on Youtube

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:01 pm

I've not updated, & have no desire to do so. I use my X3L as a "dongle" to run the Line 6 plug-ins (the X3Live has all the Line 6 bells & whistles "POD Farm Platinum", everything except the new POD HD stuff.......), & really the only benefit I would get out of this would be a extra USB port free, & what power the X3L consumes in electricity.....that said, it would be kinda cool to not have to turn on the X3L before starting my daw, but it only takes a second :lol: ...... The big reason I don't wanna update/upgrade is I've read in other forums that doing so has created a whole slew of problems for folks that have like not being able to authorize the plugs, add-on packs aren't recognized (that have been paid for already.....) & stuff like that.........

I did read a "fix" in another forum to uninstall/re-install 2.5, but from what I've read, it's pain in the arse, you have to delete files/folders PF creates when installing, so really, if it ain't broke, why try to fix it???

Carry on....... :whistle:

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Did you ever do the upgrade to 2.5, James? It's been a while.

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Sorry I didn't see this earlier today Marc, but no, I didn't upgrade, all the problems I've read about made me pretty skeptical about the upgrade, & what I've got works pretty good, for now.... :lol:

The only benefit (for me) would be not having my X3L connected to my pc all the time, so I didn't bother (I still use the X3L as a "dongle" to run my Line 6 vst's)....

Only advice I could give about the upgrade is to try & see if it works for you or not Marc, you could always do the un-install/re-install thing if you had problems......Myself, I'm going with "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" thing, as I hardly ever use ampsims anymore, I still use the fx (POD Farm Elements is great for this IMO), like chorus, phase, etc. in the daw, but the "core" guitar sounds I record now are pretty much 100% real amp/speaker/mic....

Good luck & let us know if you did the upgrade or not, & how it worked out....but in my last post about this (which was 2 years ago btw...), there were problems downgrading too, so you might wanna read up before you take the plunge... :whistle:

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:06 pm

minerman wrote: all the problems I've read about made me pretty skeptical about the upgrade
I was bopping around the Line6 forum and it seems most are using 2.5 w/the usual problems. But there's really nothing specific about it not functioning in Windows7. I guess I'll try the upgrade.

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Sorry, but I really can't help you Marc, other than what I've already said. The worst that can happen is you'd have to do the un-install/re-install thing I'm assuming....

BTW, why are you thinking of upgrading anyway??? Are you using another interface (non Line 6) or something??? Just wondering...

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:10 am

minerman wrote: why are you thinking of upgrading anyway?
Well, I almost always end up having to render the guitar track(s) that have POD Farm effects so when I do go to mix, I don't have to hook up the UX2 again. Kinda why I use GuitarRig so often. Just so much easier not needing that dongle. We really should have access to farm w/out the need to dongle it.

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:44 pm

What soundcard/interface are you using to mix your songs Marc???

When I do my mixes, I try to render everything (I actually use the freeze function in Reaper) so there are no fx at all running if possible, I've even printed/renderd my reverb tracks on a couple songs, maybe you should try this, it'll free up lots of CPU, & make you commit to sounds rather than have the urge to keep tweaking....And, if you do want/need to change a sound/fx, you can always un-freeze, change/tweak, then do it again....

FWIW, I don't use my POD for an interface either, it's connected to my pc all the time, but I use the NI Komplete Audio 6 as my interface....

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:50 pm

minerman wrote:What soundcard/interface are you using to mix your songs Marc?
Hmm, not to sure about the soundcard. The only interface I have is the UX2, but I always disconnect it after RECing and just use my PC's audio out. I pretty much leave all my effects active, PCreecord, as I call it, is a pretty powerful machine. But I prob only use a fraction of what you load.

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Your interface is your soundcard Marc, I thought you had another interface you were using other than the UX2.....Instead of disconnecting your UX2, try raising the ASIO buffer to the highest number it'll go for mixing. That's what I do, when I track, I have it set on 64 (little to no latency), & when I mix, I put it on 1024 (allows me to run all the plugs I want without a hiccup)....

The new song I posted has about 70 fx total, but about 30-35 of those are console & reel to reel emulations I put on every track/channel to simulate a recording/mixing desk....The freeze function in Reaper is great dude, you need to try it sometime...

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp