Line 6 POD Farm (v.1) Bass Amps and Cabs

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
MGJR73
new to this board
new to this board

Line 6 POD Farm (v.1) Bass Amps and Cabs

Post by MGJR73 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:53 am

I still have v.1 of the POD Farm and don't see a need to upgrade. I started a series in my blog called Getting To Know POD Farm where I do sound tests of the different amps and effects. So far I've done the guitar amps and recently the bass amps.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather buy the real gear if I pooped cash. What I find nice about VSTs is that I don't have to run up the credit card, no lifting required, and it doesn't take up physical space.

The blog serves as my sound library so I can quickly sample the sounds without clicking through each. I hope others will find the info useful too.

GETTING TO KNOW POD FARM:
Guitar Amps
Bass Amps and Cabs
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Re: Line 6 POD Farm (v.1) Bass Amps and Cabs

Post by Sungodv » Mon May 30, 2011 11:21 am

Good job. While I prefer GearBox, this was still fun - looked at the bass page. I imagine this is the stand alone vs. the plug. Being a bass player, I really like the Adam and Eve (Eden model) for most everything and the sound examples just confirmed this.
Would love the bass pack expansion, but $99 is a bit too much. The UX2 is a very nice interface, no?
Again, good job.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Mon May 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Pretty cool little site there....The vst's allow me to have gear, I'd never be able to have otherwise, so they're a must for me. Like you, I don't have the room for tons of amps/cabs, & don't have the money to buy 'em even if I did. I'm sure everyone knows Line 6 updated to POD Farm 2.5, but I wouldn't recommend it just yet. There are lots of bugs in it, the software doesn't work correctly, just all kinds of things not right. As soon as I hear of a "fix", I'll post here......

Again, cool site!!!
0 x
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, Carlo Robelli
EVH LBX 15w, EVH 4x12, Marshall 1960A
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 'phones
NI Komplete Audio 6, Alesis Q25, M-Audio BX8
Shure, Sennheiser, Audix, Samson, Behringer & Carvin mics
Dell Desktop: Intel Quad Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, Windows 7

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Mon May 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Awesome Blog...auditioning all those amps can be a bit tedious.
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube