Failed To Initialize

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
voclizr
The Force
The Force

Failed To Initialize

Post by voclizr » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:11 am

What's up with my Pod Studio UX2?
I installed Pod Farms 1 & 2 and they both worked fine. Then I installed Gear Box. Now Gear Box works fine, but when I try to run either Pod Farms 1 or 2 I get a message that says "Failed to initialize....."
Anybody know what's happening here and how to solve? Line 6 is almost impossible to contact for tech support lately.

Thanks

:)
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: Failed To Initialize

Post by lucas » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:50 am

the probable cause is that you loaded old software after new and it wrote over a driver or file needed to run the newer software.
Gearbox is oldest, so should be installed first.
PODFarm 1 is next followed by PODFarm 2
NOTE: I've read comments that PODFarm 2.5 has issues, so look into that before installing it if you need it.
You may just need to re-install PODFarm followed by PODFarm 2 to get them working.
IF that doesn't fix it, you'll need to uninstall all of it and start over.

here is the install order and versions I used with my Win 7 install:
--------------
- line 6 Drivers v3.4.4.0
- Gearbox v3.70
- - -> installed Gearbox ONLY - no drivers, no plugins, no Monkey
- - -> told Win 7 that the program installed correctly
- PODFarm v1.11.0
- - -> POD Farm VST & ToneDirect only - no RTAS, no Monkey, no drivers
- - -> told Win 7 that the program installed correctly
- Monkey v1.32
- - -> ran Monkey immediately after install - logged in and authorized PC to use POD Farm plugin.

- Reaper x32 v.3.31
- - -> set audio device to use Toneport UX2 ASIO
- - -> set ASIO buffer default to 128 and slider to smallest to get rid of latency using the plugin.

- VSTs
- - -> Addictive Drums - installed from CD then immediately installed latest update before opening or authorizing.
- - -> installed Kjaerhus Classic VSTs

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: Failed To Initialize

Post by voclizr » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:58 am

Thanks for this info, Lucas. I didn't get back to this post, but the problem was solved by the very way you described. I had the same issue with EZDrummer and the latest revision solved it also. Also, thanks for the heads up with the issues on the latest update.

:D
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp