Failed To Initialize

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
voclizr
The Force
The Force

Failed To Initialize

Post by voclizr » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:11 am

What's up with my Pod Studio UX2?
I installed Pod Farms 1 & 2 and they both worked fine. Then I installed Gear Box. Now Gear Box works fine, but when I try to run either Pod Farms 1 or 2 I get a message that says "Failed to initialize....."
Anybody know what's happening here and how to solve? Line 6 is almost impossible to contact for tech support lately.

Thanks

:)
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio (RIP), Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

lucas
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: Failed To Initialize

Post by lucas » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:50 am

the probable cause is that you loaded old software after new and it wrote over a driver or file needed to run the newer software.
Gearbox is oldest, so should be installed first.
PODFarm 1 is next followed by PODFarm 2
NOTE: I've read comments that PODFarm 2.5 has issues, so look into that before installing it if you need it.
You may just need to re-install PODFarm followed by PODFarm 2 to get them working.
IF that doesn't fix it, you'll need to uninstall all of it and start over.

here is the install order and versions I used with my Win 7 install:
--------------
- line 6 Drivers v3.4.4.0
- Gearbox v3.70
- - -> installed Gearbox ONLY - no drivers, no plugins, no Monkey
- - -> told Win 7 that the program installed correctly
- PODFarm v1.11.0
- - -> POD Farm VST & ToneDirect only - no RTAS, no Monkey, no drivers
- - -> told Win 7 that the program installed correctly
- Monkey v1.32
- - -> ran Monkey immediately after install - logged in and authorized PC to use POD Farm plugin.

- Reaper x32 v.3.31
- - -> set audio device to use Toneport UX2 ASIO
- - -> set ASIO buffer default to 128 and slider to smallest to get rid of latency using the plugin.

- VSTs
- - -> Addictive Drums - installed from CD then immediately installed latest update before opening or authorizing.
- - -> installed Kjaerhus Classic VSTs
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Re: Failed To Initialize

Post by voclizr » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:58 am

Thanks for this info, Lucas. I didn't get back to this post, but the problem was solved by the very way you described. I had the same issue with EZDrummer and the latest revision solved it also. Also, thanks for the heads up with the issues on the latest update.

:D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio (RIP), Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp