Lookin' at the Toneport UX1.....and now the UX2 as well!!!

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:49 pm

....one day later and I am lovin' it!!
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:08 am

Did you get the UX1 or 2? Is it playing nice with Reaper?
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:26 am

A UX2 and yes, it has worked just fine with Reaper......I also have Acid Pro to try out and see which one is easier for me.....will probably load Acid tonight......
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:06 am

I still haven't figured out all the looping and chopping crap in Acid, but for normal multi track recording it's very good.

Glad to hear you got the UX2, that's a great price. It's a very very well thought out piece of gear. And fun! :D
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:50 am

I thing I've found between Pod XTL and Toneport is that the presets for guitars seem to sound better to me even though there are less amps etc and they are using the same technology. There are a lot more presets on Toneport. It's getting very tempting to sell the XTL at this point because I'm mostly not using it. However, as I just did, I keep forgetting that I power the Variax with it and that I can use it without a PC.

Toneport just keeps me so free. Basically all my guitars and keyboards and mics are permanently connected and I just go to Gearbox to switch between them, it's so easy to use.

Looking forward to the rumored Gearbox upgrade coming soon.
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:22 pm

Publicly, I would like to thank you Tony for all your help and support during my Toneport conversion...... :P
Last night I laid down 3 tracks of guitar in REAPER and it was so much easier than doing it via the MRS 8. I still love the voice doubler in the Zoom but, the one in the Toneport is passable. I may pop for the $49 Line6 effects batch thingy as I love effects that may lead to a song rather than finding an effect to match the song. Does that make any sense? The Toneport isn't quite what I wanted as far as effects go but, they may fix that someday. I too am looking forward to the new version of GearBox.
And to you, Zoe, and anyone else who may know, can I out the MRS signal for say a vocal or drum part, into the Toneport? Maybe via the headphone out?
Not sure if this would work but, there are a few effects in the MRS that I really like.......there are a lot of plug-ins in REAPER so, this may be a mute point...........
Tony, maybe I can come up with a tune fer one of your HMHS's soon with this here doohickey!!.... the other half just loved the last HMHS (her first time hearing it)!
0 x
My Songs

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:27 pm

You can definitely go MRS8 to Toneport, you probably want to go out from MRS to LineIn on Toneport then BYPASS on gearbox.

You can also add effects to Acid or Reaper to get better or more effects.

I have the POD XTL which I believe includes all the effects available from Line 6 so if you have questions or want samples of certain effects then let me know.

FYI all Line6 software amps and effects are buy and try, you can buy them, download them, use them and return for money back with no hassle at all within 30 days, so just go for the full powerpack and figure out what you really want.

Tony
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:43 pm

tonyoci wrote: go out from MRS to Line In Tony
Via the headphone out? The only other outs are L & R Master for monitors.....Maybe with two RCA to 1/2 phono cords?
0 x
My Songs

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:03 pm

I would use the monitor outs, yes RCA to line cables, I have more odd connections of cables than I imagined existed, that's what the rack of cables in Guitar Center is for.

Tony
0 x