Toneport / Ableton Live 5 / Jamstix...great combination

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:15 pm

I tried Jamstix in the last week and didn't really like it. It's just too complex for what I want. I'm sure it's great for those that want that level of detail in the drums but I just don't want to spend that much time.

Currently I'm enjoying using Groove Agent 2, very simple but I need to try and make a song with it which might be more of a challenge.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:48 pm

That "Just Have Some Fun" was great. It had a real Byrds feel to it.

Any notion on why my new computer (see above note) wouldn't be big enough for Jamstix? Someone mentioned adding more memory. That ain't never gonna happen. I for one would benefit from Jamstix greatly. I have Beatcraft, which is good, but it really slows the process down having to build the drums for the entire song.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:40 pm

Mr Cracks, Jamstix is absolutely NOT the easy answer, unless you use MIDI it can be a real bear to get right and is much more complicated to put together and mix/record a decent track than Beatcraft is.

You don't offer any PC specs but memory is the most likely problem.
0 x