OK ther is one line6 product I like

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

OK ther is one line6 product I like

Post by MatBio » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:10 pm

The FM4. It's great and has a lot of cool effects, all effects that would cost a fortune to own. I tried this yesterday and dam! I couldn't stop playing. Of course these are synth sounds, so it is not for everyone. I actually tried it side by side with a vintage Mutron III which was about $270, and they FM4 was convincingly good (not the same but good sounding).

Anyway, I didn't buy it yet, but I most definitively will...
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:19 pm

I wasn't familiar with this product

I find it kind of funny that they promote "nothing but knobs" but on other products they promote "menu driven avoiding too many knobs"

http://www.line6.com/products/detail/33

FM4 Filter Modeler

Offering an awesome collection of vintage filter and monophonic synth effects, 24-bit processing, and true bypass, the FM4 features 16 models of classic and collectible filters and synths. With four programmable presets, the FM4 gives guitarists easy access to a set of world-class tones and controls for customization.
4 completely programmable presets available at the tap of a toe. No more need for multiple pedals for multiple effects.
True Bypass switching, so your direct tone is exactly that; direct from your guitar to your amp.
Expression Pedal Input - for real time control of all effect settings. Also the ability to morph between settings lets you create effects not possible with the originals.
Nothing but knobs. No menus, no multiple button contortionist gymnastic moves, just twist and go.
Stereo inputs and outputs
Runs from batteries (Heck, we even include a set) or optional power adapter.
Tired of the same old effects? You say you want something a little bit... different? The FM4 Filter Modeler, part of Line 6's award winning line of Stompbox Modelers, gives you an array of vintage and new effects from just a wee bit odd to full frontal freaky! From the gentle auto-wah of an envelope filter to the complete wackiness of mutated VCO controlled ring modulators, FM4 can get as strange as you wanna be.
0 x

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

Post by MatBio » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:26 pm

These guys are smart, they know the people that would buy a product like this, like old effects and lots of knobs. The modelling on this unit is not push a button and there you go, it actually takes quite a bit of work to get what you want, and that, I like (because all the in between are all interesting as well).

If you compare the price of this with other Line6 products, they ain't cheap either.
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

Lee
The Force
The Force

Re: OK ther is one line6 product I like

Post by Lee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:26 am

When I saw Tomas posting in the Line6 section, I almost fell out of my rocking chair! :lol:
MatBio wrote:It's great and has a lot of cool effects, all effects that would cost a fortune to own... convincingly good (not the same but good sounding)
That's exactly how I feel about the TonePort. :^: So this thingy has analog style synth effects for guitar? I'm a little confused... can you post a sample of it once you do buy it? Sounds interesting. Do you or does anyone happen to know if there's a "blah-pack" for the TonePort to emulate this?

PS
Another thing I'd mention is how easy and convenient having one little goofy box is compared to all the actual components on a rack or something. I've always traded the best sound possible for simplicity and close enough. :roll:
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

manzana
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by manzana » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:06 am

its the fx junkie model pack for the toneport which includes effects, synths, filters and so on somilar to the FM4.

http://line6.com/modelPacks/toneport_fx.html

i ve got the powerpack for the toneport, pretty cool.
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:36 pm

manzana wrote:its the fx junkie model pack for the toneport which includes effects, synths, filters and so on somilar to the FM4.

http://line6.com/modelPacks/toneport_fx.html

i ve got the powerpack for the toneport, pretty cool.
Cool... thanks!
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:18 pm

Lee, with your left over money I would really recommend the power pack.

Lots more amps, and some useful effects (especially the Stereo and Ping Pong delays)

http://line6.com/modelPacks/toneport_power.html

Lots of weird synth effects also that can be fun for vocals as well.

All the line6 stuff can be purchased and returned within 30 days, it's all very smooth.

Tony
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:40 pm

tonyoci wrote:Lee, with your left over money I would really recommend the power pack.

Lots more amps, and some useful effects (especially the Stereo and Ping Pong delays)

http://line6.com/modelPacks/toneport_power.html

Lots of weird synth effects also that can be fun for vocals as well.

All the line6 stuff can be purchased and returned within 30 days, it's all very smooth.

Tony
Tony, I checked out the link and agree that it looks/sounds like money well spent.
Have you or anyone here ever invested in the bass equivalent?
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:22 pm

I don't think that there is a bass expansion for Toneport is there ? There is one for POD - which I tried but don't have the BASS experience to think it was worth it.

OK, now I can be honest and say I just checked and there is one :D

Line6 makes it so easy. These packs can be bought online and enabled easily and then returned in 30 days no problem so just buy them.

However if you return you have to return everything from the same order so watch out how you combine your purchases.

Don't forget the plugin that triples the trouble (all the amps and effects you own as software for your DAW).
0 x

manzana
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by manzana » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:52 pm

well i thought the bass models were included in the last gearbox update for free. I have Bass models on my toneport, but never bought some.
i would recommend the powerpack. You got all the models and effects from the podxt and can download the podxt tones from customtone.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 pm

Manz, the bass expansion pack that was originally for XT is now available for Toneport also.

http://line6.com/modelPacks/toneport_bass.html

Lee, I also see that the Power Pack does NOT include the FX junkie with the special effects stuff, that's another

$99 for the Power Pack +

Metal Shop $49.99
Collector Classics $49.99
FX Junkie $49.99

Triple Pack Deal. This is a special 3 for the price of 2 deal for the Metal Shop, Collector Classics and FX Junkie together.
$99.98

Bass Expansion $99.99
0 x