Need info on FBV shortboard

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Need info on FBV shortboard

Post by Riffmaster » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:33 pm

I got one of these things...last one they had..no instructions :? Does anybody know how to program my ownpatches into it. I can't find the manual anywhere.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:02 am

Riff, I could well be wrong here, but I thought the FVB was for use with Pod modules and Vetta amps. I believe it's used to transfer MIDI on/off messages and patch changes to those systems. It does not come with a manual even when new.

It will only work with something with a MIDI control. It might work with a Toneport but I don't know. The POD has a section in it's manual on how to configure the FBV.

So I'm not sure it will work with Toneport, not sure what else you might be trying to use it with and the Line6 forums are probably your best bet.
0 x

Rocles
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rocles » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:25 am

The FBV shortboard works with the POD XT / XT Pro.....it connects with a computer Network cable BUT must not be connected to a computer, only directly to the XT unit....it carries voltages, so could be screwed by connecting to the wrong destination (ie a PC). Once connected to a host XT, it has a nice big display that shows the Patch name and number very clearly on a green backlit display. Also has WAH/Volume link and Patch selection via buttons. There's no setup required, just plug it in.

It does not work at all with the TonePort.....there's no provision for an RJ45 connection. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, cos I have an FBV thats used very little since I got the XT Live.

Line6 product details for FBV Shortboard are HERE

# COMPATIBLE PRODUCTS:
# Spider™ III*
# Spider™ II 112, 210, 212 & HD
# Vetta™
# Vetta II™
# HD147®
# POD® 2.0**
# POD® XT
# POD® XT Pro
# Bass POD® XT
# Bass POD® XT Pro
# LowDown™

The full Manual in PDF is HERE
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:56 am

Sorry, i should haveclarified. this is part of my live rig..i have a Spider II and it is compatible.
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:01 am

Then may I suggest reading the Spider manual. Checking online here http://line6.com/support/manuals/ revealed a whole page on how to connect your spider to the FBV :D
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:07 pm

The Spider II manual was somewhat helpful, but the FBV manual is worthless. I still can't find how to program patches into it.
0 x

Rocles
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rocles » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:52 am

As far as I know, you can't program patches into the FBV...it just replicates banks in the Host unit, in your case, the Spider amp, in my case, POD XT Pro. So, the Channel ABCD buttons on the FBV are just copies of whatever's stored in your Presets of each bank in the amp...you can of course select any Amp Bank of four Presets with the Bank up/down buttons on the FBV.

Once in a Patch, you can also turn on/off Stomp/Modualtion/Delay/Reverb within that Patch "on the fly".

Does this make sense? Unless i'm way off the mark, you cannot program the FBV, its just a dumb terminal, really....to get a footboard that IS programmable, you would need the Behringer FCB1010, which works via MIDI
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:03 pm

Brilliant, thanks a lot..i can do that :D
0 x