Weird sounds outta the TonePort

Discuss Line 6 gear and software, including Toneport, Pod, Gearbox.
Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Weird sounds outta the TonePort

Post by Sungodv » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:01 pm

Had something weird happen the other day....
I plugged in an Ax into the TonePort and strummed it....all of a sudden a weird pulsating sound came out of the headphones.....nothing short of shutting down the GearBox software would stop it....
I went to my DAW user account to see if it was happening under it and the TP did the very same thing....
Very strange indeed....I ended up rebooting the PC and now it's happy as a clam....so the moral to this story is when in doubt, throw it out....er, I mean reboot...... :P
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

ron-e-g
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by ron-e-g » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:36 am

Steve, That happens to me every time I strum!! Don't think it's the TonePort tho....
0 x
Ronny

"The older I get, the better I was"

Songs by Ron-e-g

Zoom MRS 1608, Mixcraft 5, Reaper, Steven Slate Drums, EZ-Drummer, Superior Drums, EZKeys, Art Tube Amp,T-Racks, Line 6 Tone Port Ux2, Pod Farm, Gearbox, Guitar Rig 4/5 Pro, Rode NT1-A Mic, i7 950, 24GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, OCZ 120GB SSD, 1 TB second & 3 TB External, 2- 23" AOC displays, Behringer 3031A 8" Truth Monitors, Fender Strat, Schecter C1 Classic, Micheal Kelly Hybrid, Ovation Celebrity Deluxe, Takamine 332-C And Me!

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Re: Weird sounds outta the TonePort

Post by Sungodv » Mon May 17, 2010 1:36 pm

More strange sounds...
I had some more weird issues this weekend with my TonePort UX2. Some of the Tones would work and some wouldn't. Didn't matter whether an instrument or Mic port was used. Also on the tones that would work, there was a crackling static noise that would present itself every now and again.
I decided to update both the GearBox software and the TonePort drivers to see if it would fix the issues. It remedied the tone problem, but the crackling was still there. I tried different cables, UX2 inputs, etc., but nothing would stop the crackling static. Come to find out the NEC USB expansion card that I've used for years was causing the issue (it's working with other USB devices). Now the TonePort is plugged into a different USB port (and chipset) and is doing just fine. :clap:
I was relieved as the Line6 support info was pointing to the TonePort going bad and it's no longer made. I wonder if a PodFarm UX2 would work with GearBox?
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

minerman
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by minerman » Mon May 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Dunno about the UX2, but my Guitar Port & POD X3Live both work with Gearbox, I assume it would work though......Glad you got the issue(s) sorted!!!
0 x
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, Carlo Robelli
EVH LBX 15w, EVH 4x12, Marshall 1960A
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 'phones
NI Komplete Audio 6, Alesis Q25, M-Audio BX8
Shure, Sennheiser, Audix, Samson, Behringer & Carvin mics
Dell Desktop: Intel Quad Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, Windows 7

My Music

@ Soundclick
@ Reverbnation
@ Bandcamp

Gu Djin
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Gu Djin » Tue May 18, 2010 1:23 am

I had a harsh digital souding racket with the toneport and gearbox not long after I bought it. It happened when I used to use my laptop for recording. It could only be stopped by rebooting the computer. It started when I upgraded Sonar 4 to 6, so I associated it with Sonar not the UX2.

I don't use my laptop anymore and I hadn't had a reoccurrance until the other night. And I was using the UX2, (just updated all the drivers) with Acid Pro 7. It only happened the once, but that threw my earlier theory into doubt. Maybe it was the Line6 device after all. I hope not. Fingers crossed.

Leigh
0 x
1964 Guild Starfire 5, MiM Fender Telecaster, MiM Stratocaster, K Yairi and other various acoustic guitars and music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and Dean acoustic bass - And M-Audio Keyboards - DAW LogicPro X

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Tue May 18, 2010 9:44 am

minerman wrote: I assume it would work though...
Yeah, it's probably the same damn internals as the UX2, just a different color scheme and a higher price tag... :?

Hope the gremlins stay away, gooey.
0 x
My Songs