Is there a PC Editor to edit and save H4 PRJDATA.ZIF files

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
freejack
new to this board
new to this board

Is there a PC Editor to edit and save H4 PRJDATA.ZIF files

Post by freejack » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:39 pm

Is there an editor for PC that can read and edit and save PRJDATA.ZIF files that can be recognized by the H4 so that project and patch names could be written on the PC with a keyboard?

I can read roughly (without line returns) and edit with microsoft "notepad", but the saved file is not recognized by the H4. Will some other simple editor let saved files be recognized by the H4?

Further is there software that can allow modification or set up of the patch and project information itself?

This would be like the 3rd party editing software for HD8 and HD16 or like the software interface for any guitar processor that allows modification and storage of patches.

Since all the necessary information seems to be in the PROJDATA.ZIF file, this might be a trivial programming effort.
0 x

pieero
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Is there a PC Editor to edit and save H4 PRJDATA.ZIF files

Post by pieero » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Hello, I know this post has 11 years...
I am writting a tool to edit H4n project (MTR) from the computer. I don't know if the format is different on H4.
It requires Python 3.6 and PyQt.
Feel free to try and give your opinion...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/zoom-h ... =directory

Cheers
0 x