H4n won't fully start up

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
phullopiumdude
new to this board
new to this board

H4n won't fully start up

Post by phullopiumdude » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Hello there.

I am having a massive problem with my H4n. When mains powered it does not get beyond the ZOOM title screen. When I use it in storage mode the screen on the unit does not go beyond the 'please wait' screen. It does however appear on my Macbook as a storage device.

I've tried updating the firmware, which it let me do, but I am still having the same problem.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP. I'm really stuck without my H4n.

Thanks. Nat.
0 x

Alexkid
new to this board
new to this board

Re: H4n won't fully start up

Post by Alexkid » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi Nat,
I have the same the problem with my zoom.. Its really annoying, and i can't find any solution on the web. I don't know what's your recent situation with your zoom, did you find any solutions?
I hope so, and i think we are many to expect some help from the Zoom enterprise.

Cordially,
Alex from France.
0 x

Beemer
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Beemer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:33 am

phullopiumdude wrote:Hello there.

I am having a massive problem with my H4n. When mains powered it does not get beyond the ZOOM title screen. When I use it in storage mode the screen on the unit does not go beyond the 'please wait' screen. It does however appear on my Macbook as a storage device.

I've tried updating the firmware, which it let me do, but I am still having the same problem.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP. I'm really stuck without my H4n.

Thanks. Nat.
Nat,

So in storage mode have you tried turning this mode off?

Ian
0 x

DrRoss
new to this board
new to this board

Post by DrRoss » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:22 am

The same problem here: stuck at "ver=1.72 ZOOM" screen.
Would a new SD card do the trick?
0 x

DrRoss
new to this board
new to this board

Post by DrRoss » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:58 am

Pulled the SD card and the H4n lights up and only gets as far as that first screen: version # and the Zoom logo. No change. Anyone figure this out yet?
Could there be a "reset" switch somewhere?
0 x

wjx
new to this board
new to this board

Post by wjx » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:36 pm

I tried updating the firmware but I am still stuck at the Zoom logo. Doesn't go beyond. Did you find a solution?
0 x

DrRoss
new to this board
new to this board

Post by DrRoss » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:44 am

Apparently the card and the H4n are not communicating. That makes me think that the problem ( mine, at least) could be a broken electrical connection most likely between the board and the SD card holder. I just lack the courage to open it up just yet.
0 x

wjx
new to this board
new to this board

Post by wjx » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:16 am

spoke to the local distributor and the technician said there is no way to fix it because there are no more spare parts being made. Well I believe mine could be the software problem. I still have hope to get it working again.
0 x

nunovloureiro
new to this board
new to this board

Post by nunovloureiro » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:51 am

I've got the exact same problem with the H6. It gets stuck on the starting wheel, no matter I'm using the battery power, usb connected to my pc, even both. I updated the firmware as well, which it let me do, but when I restarted it it was as before.

Customer service is completely unhelpful. Do you guys have any idea how to solve this?
0 x