can't find files on SD card

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
radiogaga
new to this board
new to this board

can't find files on SD card

Post by radiogaga » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:01 am

i've recorded 5 files on my H4n. i can listen to them in playback on the zoom but when i try to upload to my laptop the files don't show up. i'm assuming it's a problem with the card but have no idea what it might be. i don't even see the usual folder/file menu when i conect to my computer. is there anyway i can record into the laptop directly from the zoom or does anyone have any suggestions about what the problem might be? i desperately need to access the audio! thanks in advance for any suggestions.
0 x

Fran Guidry
Jedi
Jedi

Re: can't find files on SD card

Post by Fran Guidry » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:00 pm

What tool are you using to connect to the computer, the H4n or a separate card reader? Have you had success in the past?

Fran
0 x

radiogaga
new to this board
new to this board

Post by radiogaga » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:51 pm

thanks for your reply, fran. i've tried both ways - connecting the zoom with usb and putting the card in a card reader. i've never had this problem before and have managed to upload files today using a different card.
0 x

ZaxxonP
new to this board
new to this board

Post by ZaxxonP » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi Radiogaga,
I am having a similar problem with some files on the h6. How did you solve your issue? A different card reader?
Thanks, Zack
0 x