Line IN for H6

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
caymann
new to this board
new to this board

Line IN for H6

Post by caymann » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:48 pm

I am thinking about feeding a song from my computer using a audio cable from the laptop headphone out
to the MIC IN port of the XY mic on H6, playing some pre recorded song.
I would also like to record my vocals through the same XY mic.

So the XY mic will have two signals coning in - my vocals through the XY mic and some music through the LINE IN.

Will this work?

thanks
jim
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Line IN for H6

Post by Wulfraed » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:12 pm

Normally, plugging into the MIC IN jack will disable the actual microphone input stages. Especially as there is no means to adjust input gain of the MIC IN /and/ the Microphones at the same time.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX; Ovation CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

Fran Guidry
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Line IN for H6

Post by Fran Guidry » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:23 pm

But it would be pretty inexpensive to come up with a couple of adapters to feed the pre-recorded material through the combo jacks and into Input 1 and Input 2.

Fran
0 x