Official Driver expired

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
DiscoSlug
new to this board
new to this board

Official Driver expired

Post by DiscoSlug » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:51 pm

I wonder if anyone else has this problem:
Bought a H4n Pro a week ago. Trying for hours to set up my laptop (elitebook 8560p) for IF/MTR. i got ASIO4ALL, installed the official drivers several times, tried all kinds of stuff. Windows refused to use the driver, code 52. had a hard time to find out, but the issue seems to be: The Driver Signature of the official (and only) drivers you can get, expired on 31.12.2016...
There is no other version, no driver archive, no firmware update. nothing else but the driver pack on the zoom page, which is unusable.

the strange thing: Its also not working in Test mode, even manually ignoring the signature doesnt change anything. i finally uninstalled both drivers and let windows (7) recognize the hardware and auto install some driver. which makes it work as 2CH interface, but only on 44.1khz, 16bit. thats certainly not enough for me, if i can have better.
i wrote to the support a day later, no answer yet.

got a regular onboard soundcard, might that be a if its really the signature, there must be more people having this problem. somebody knows anything about a driver update coming?
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Official Driver expired

Post by Wulfraed » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:43 pm

I suspect I'll fall afoul of this soon -- had a hard drive failure in December which required me to buy a drive, and Win10Pro as Dell did not provide Win7Pro reinstall media (just a "repair" partition on the dead drive).

However, as a wild-card attempt...

What happens if one takes the computer off-line (no network connection), sets the clock back to sometime in last year, and THEN tries to install the driver?
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX; Ovation CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

DiscoSlug
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Official Driver expired

Post by DiscoSlug » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:15 pm

very good question. i'll try that out asap and will post what happened. of course its not a permanent solution, and i hope that there will be some support by the company.
0 x