H6: Set the gain of linked stereo channels equally

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
johnnypenny
new to this board
new to this board

H6: Set the gain of linked stereo channels equally

Post by johnnypenny » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:05 am

Hi guys! Recently bought Zoom H6 and it's indeed a great device. I wanted to record stereo line input on linked channels 3/4 while keeping 1 and 2 mono.

Is there a way to set the gain knobs exactly the same on these tracks so in the end I will get l/r channels identical to the source? Maybe somehow mechanically or in options? My idea is to synchronize multiple recorded sources later in Premiere Pro. Or a slight difference won't be a problem?
0 x

still_fiddlin

Re: H6: Set the gain of linked stereo channels equally

Post by still_fiddlin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:03 am

This seems to be languishing and probably you've tested and figured it out, but AFAIK, there's no way to do what you want.

But, those knobs are marked so I'd just set them the same and record both, leveling them in your DAW. If it's a problem doing it as stereo tracks, then I'd record them separately in the H6 (i.e., as two mono tracks). There's no difference in the final mix if you do it that way. But, if it's just a half dB or so, you won't hear that, and if you do, a little twist of the Pan (if stereo) or Level (if mono) is all you'd need.
0 x