H6 LCD screen issues

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Ramon
new to this board
new to this board

H6 LCD screen issues

Post by Ramon » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:06 am

Hi there, I have my H6 recorder since two years and about three months ago the LCD screen begans give me problem. In short, when I turn it on, the screen don't show anything, it remains grey. Only after four or five attempts it works regularly. I updated the firmware to the last version but the problem still there.

Anyone had my same issues or have any idea to fix it?

Thanks
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: H6 LCD screen issues

Post by Wulfraed » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:58 am

Do any other indicators function?

If no indicators are working, the problem is more likely in the power switch and related circuits (is the behavior the same if you have a powered USB cable connected?)

If only the LCD panel is acting up (if you know the normal start-up state, and can follow the manual to maneuver the menu system -- try to see if you can start a new recording, stop, and play it back; if all other functions are working, you might have a loose ribbon cable for the display and your multiple on/off actions are jiggling the cable)
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards