Music stand is now recording station thanks to Zoom5.

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Mugwump
new to this board
new to this board

Music stand is now recording station thanks to Zoom5.

Post by Mugwump » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:21 am

Here is a mod to an Apex music stand that works great with a Zoom that has the camera adapter. I am using this set up to demonstrate instruments built by my brother https://chrisluthier.ca/gallery.html in Victoria BC, I did add a slight bit of reverb post to the recording that I posted to the web site I built for Chris. The recording is of a guitar he built for me.

He did the modification to my music stand. It is very simple. A curved piece of aluminum with bolts and wing nuts to attach it to the stand and a 1/4" by 20 standard bolt for attaching the zoom. I am absolutely delighted with the recording setup it is very portable and I can run it by using a portable usb power source, so essentially I can record anywhere and the results are uniformly excellent.

The zoom recorder is by far and away the best little device I have ever seen for decent recording of a solo instrument like the classical guitar a veritable Swiss army knife like device. Zoom 6 next year for this camper!
0 x