How to reset timecode -and reset it each clip - on ZoomH6?

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
oxband
new to this board
new to this board

How to reset timecode -and reset it each clip - on ZoomH6?

Post by oxband » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:23 pm

How can I get the time code of my clips in my Zoom H6 to always start at 00:00? When I use clips in Final Cut or put them in the online service Trint to get transcribed, they have a time code that isn't 00:00:00I want to reset it and have it reset for every clip. I've been Googling answers online but to no avail. This is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: How to reset timecode -and reset it each clip - on ZoomH6?

Post by Wulfraed » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:42 pm

I don't have an H6 so some of the following may have -- to you -- obvious answers...

Do /any/ clips start at 0:0, or are they all perhaps tied to the value of the real-time clock?

My suspicions are that the first recordings (however many tracks are active at the time) /in a project/ start at 0:0, and subsequent recordings have time codes relative to the start time of the project (or continuing from the end of the previous recording).

If so -- the only way to "reset" would be to create a new PROJECT each time, rather than adding recordings within a project.

If tied to the real-time clock -- there would be no means (you'd have to reset the clock time AND take exactly the same amount of time from resetting the clock to starting the recording to have the files share time-codes).
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards