Zoom Mixer

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
samelove
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom Mixer

Post by samelove » Wed May 09, 2018 7:29 am

Hello everyone, I am a newbie on this forum. I have a very specific setup issue for a field recording (birds rec in specific). I attached a quick sketch of how I would like it to be. This set up very much inspired by Chris Watson (sound recordist). My question is about MSH-6 MS CAPSULE for Zoom H6. I could not find any information on youtube considering how to add a fifth on sixth levels to a mixer. I assumed that in a configuration such as Zoom H6 all inputs + XYH-5 X/Y CAPSULE there should be 6 levels on the mixer panel. Still, it might be true, only I could not find a visual evidence of that being possible in those youtube videos. I am aware of a multi-track setting I can go with but I would like to avoid any software programs or any usage of laptop.

With that set up I am trying to get a better stereo effect. All mics are omnidirectional + capsule that has both mono and side-stereo. I will appreciate any comment or advice on my set up (text/video/pic). Yet, the most important to know is whether I can or not add a fifth level bar onto a zoom’s mixing panel. I hope that my question is clear as I am not really into gear. I do it for artistic purposes.

p.s I do not own any equipment, therefore, I dig into a theory, before a future rental.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x