Zoom H5 Asio

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
kasper L
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom H5 Asio

Post by kasper L » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 pm

So i'm using my Zoom h5 to record into FL but whenever I chose multitrack it just doesnt recognize the inputs and wont let me choose the asio driver. After I close FL with the multitrack ASIO driver selected it wont let me use that driver again. I Have no idea why this is.

tried reconnecting the Zoom before and after starting FL with no luck, only restarting windows works.
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: Zoom H5 Asio

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:01 am

Interesting -- the Zoom download page lists separate stereo and multitrack ASIO drivers (I thought most Zoom products only needed a special driver for multitrack; Windows tended to handle stereo sources natively).

If you have both drivers installed, try removing the stereo driver (may need to use device manager with H5 connected to tell it to remove the "current" driver/delete device), run a registry cleaner (maybe after manually removing any keys associated with the H5), then reboot and only install multitrack driver.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

kasper L
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom H5 Asio

Post by kasper L » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:10 pm

I have the multitrack and stereo but will try to uninstall the stereo one. I think the computer doesnt "disconnect" the driver from The last FL studio session or wahtever.
0 x