Correcting wrong orientation of H3-VR Ambisonic A recording for 5.1 rendering.

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
SmallMountain

Correcting wrong orientation of H3-VR Ambisonic A recording for 5.1 rendering.

Post by SmallMountain » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:05 am

Hi.

I have a little problem regarding a recent recording I made. My H3-VR was suspended from 4 fishing lines over the performance space. Trouble is, I hung it facing the 'wrong way'/ It is easy enough to resolve this in the stereo and binaural derivations, but how do I resolve the problem for the 5.1 surround derivation (each derivation performed via the Zoom Ambisonics Player). I use Sound Forge Pro 11 for further editing. My guess would be that I should use SFP11 to swap channel 1 with channel 2 and channel 3 with channel 4 but what about channels 5 and 6. I suppose I could try a spectral analysis of those channels to determine which is the sub-bass and which the centre channel. What I would prefer, however, is to know how to save a 180-degree horizontal reorientation of the Ambisonic A format I recorded in.

Can anyone here offer a solution? What am I missing in the manual?

[I should, perhaps, have pursued my own route to a solution by carrying out a spectrum analysis before posting. It looks like its channels 3 that holds the centre channel, and channel 4 that holds the sub-bass when the 6 channels of a 5.1 resolution are opened in Sound Forge 11. However, I will leave the post here in the hope that others might benefit from it, or offer alternative solutions.]
0 x