Zoom H5 overwrote previous file - how to repair recovered audio?

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
GretelNick
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom H5 overwrote previous file - how to repair recovered audio?

Post by GretelNick » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:06 am

Hi folks, I could really use your help recovering audio from a large file overwritten with a short recording of the same name.

I did a 75-minute recording and then when I recorded two minutes of room tone, the H5 used the same file name again, overwriting the first recording. (Notably, the 75-minute recording used the same filename as a recording I did the day before, but fortunately, that recording is not so important.)
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 4.34.36 PM.png

I did no more recording and write-protected the card. Took a full image of the SD card with Mac Disk Utility.

Using Adobe Audition, I imported the image file as raw data with known sample rates. I recovered about 45 minutes of the 75. I can hear a good deal of the rest of the interview but it's interrupted by regular blips of interference:
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 4.38.25 PM.png
Those blips appear to be data blocks from a second file as described in this post:

viewtopic.php?t=24120

How can I import/repair this audio so that I can recover it?

Any pointers or ideas would be MUCH appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x